Texas Fishing Forum

humminbird in sunlight

Posted By: Bobby Milam

humminbird in sunlight - 03/29/15 03:47 PM

Upgraded recently to 899 and 898. Used them yesterday in the bright sun. They were really hard to read. Using the di and si in blue. The console could be shaded with my hand but the front unit is on the deck and was a challenge to read.
Is there some sort of shade sold that fits the units or what do you guys do to combat the sun?
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: humminbird in sunlight - 03/29/15 06:01 PM

There is a film you can put on the screen to cut down on glare. I don't know who sells it but someone on this forum will know.

Re: humminbird in sunlight - 03/29/15 07:18 PM

Ok ty
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: humminbird in sunlight - 03/29/15 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Upgraded recently to 899 and 898. Used them yesterday in the bright sun. They were really hard to read. Using the di and si in blue. The console could be shaded with my hand but the front unit is on the deck and was a challenge to read.
Is there some sort of shade sold that fits the units or what do you guys do to combat the sun?

Amber 1 SI color pallet
Posted By: javelin150

Re: humminbird in sunlight - 03/29/15 10:45 PM

I use th Amber pallete in the sun and blue during the low light morning hours

Re: humminbird in sunlight - 03/30/15 02:04 AM

ok ty
Posted By: donothin

Re: humminbird in sunlight - 03/31/15 02:15 PM

Try one of the Raptor Caps at raptorfishing.com. I have one on a 998c and it helps a good bit, but doesn't resolve all the problems. I think it cost about $25.00 and attaches with velcro.

Re: humminbird in sunlight - 04/01/15 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: donothin
Try one of the Raptor Caps at raptorfishing.com. I have one on a 998c and it helps a good bit, but doesn't resolve all the problems. I think it cost about $25.00 and attaches with velcro.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum