Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance HDS-7 Question

Posted By: Notch

Lowrance HDS-7 Question - 07/17/10 11:17 PM

How do you manually enter and save known gps coordinates on my HDS-7. Thanks, Notch
Posted By: Jason Gilstrap

Re: Lowrance HDS-7 Question - 07/18/10 02:18 AM

Go to your wpt page, there hit page key and scroll over to wpt, routes and trails and press ent. or hold down the wpt/find key for couple sec's. then press ent. over wpt.

once you at the wpt list screen, hit menu key and then go to new press enter. then is should give you box say new wpt. then used your key pad scroll down to edit the name of wpt and then scroll down one and press ent to input your wpt.
Posted By: fishin couillon

Re: Lowrance HDS-7 Question - 07/18/10 02:19 AM

One way: Pages>Utilities>Waypoints,Routes,Trails...make sure the Waypoint tab is hightlighted or in that page, hit enter, new...if all the icon pics come up hit menu>enter and it will switch over to the box where you can manually enter the numbers and pic the colors, icons, etc.

Re: Lowrance HDS-7 Question - 07/18/10 02:43 PM

Thanks for all your help, I really do appreciate it. This is a great unit. One more thing if you would. Is it OK to turn on the unit while sitting on the trailer in its boat shed just to play around with it and input gps coordinates etc. I know the sonar part will not work, but I would hate to ruin something running the unit out of the water. Also, I have a 200/83 transducer. What is the best setting for fishing in the gulf(saltwater) in less than 100 feet of water. I have been told to put it on Deep Water. Which switches it somehow to 200/50. Is this correct? I was at Port A in June and the arches were absent for the most part at the same setting (shallow)that I use in the freshwater. In freshwater it is clear as it can be and I do not see how anything could be better than this unit. It is awesome!!!Going back to coast in a week and would like to have the same arches and clarity in saltwater as I do in freshwater. Thanks for you help in advance. Notch
Posted By: Jason Gilstrap

Re: Lowrance HDS-7 Question - 07/18/10 04:05 PM

1. yes that fine running the unit out of the water, if get sick hearing the ticking from the transducer just unplug, for the time being.

2. I would put the unit in shallow water mode still, the unit is set in general issue. bounce between 200 and 83 khz. if was me i probably stay on 200khz since not running that deep.

3. yes, most of saltwater fisherman used 50khz because of the deep water 100+ feet.

4 also go into your sonar menu's and look for installation and go under transducer and match your transducer to your unit. there should be a silver tab on the transducer cable next to the knob.

Re: Lowrance HDS-7 Question - 07/20/10 02:29 AM

Thanks for your help. Tryed it today and it worked like a charm!!!!!!!! Happy Fishin!!!!! Notch
Posted By: Allen Ehlers

Re: Lowrance HDS-7 Question - 07/20/10 05:31 PM

On my HDS5, you can stop the sonar from working. Make sure you have the sonar screen page active and hit menu. Scroll down and you should see a stop sonar feature. Select it and hit enter
Posted By: james freeman

Re: Lowrance HDS-7 Question - 07/22/10 02:06 AM

on my hds5 if you hit power then enter it goes into standby pretty cool not pingging the fish power again will restore .
Posted By: fishin couillon

Re: Lowrance HDS-7 Question - 07/22/10 03:20 AM

Yes, standby will turn the sonar/ducer off. Also if you are recording a trail and put unit in standby it will continue to record. Just a little bit of info.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum