Texas Fishing Forum

GPS Anchoring TM

Posted By: Randy1975

GPS Anchoring TM - 02/24/21 04:23 PM

im in the market for a "spotLock" TM. Not sure on which brand. I run Lowrance electronics, so would like something compatible. I'm wanting a 24 volt system I don't fish when its super windy. Can you offer any advice?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: GPS Anchoring TM - 02/25/21 12:52 AM

You can narrow it down to two. Motorguide and Lowrance. They are the only two that are compatible with Lowrance MFDs.

Of those two, I’d choose the Lowrance Ghost.
Posted By: fluker

Re: GPS Anchoring TM - 02/25/21 03:09 AM

Ghost!
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: GPS Anchoring TM - 02/25/21 05:31 AM

Ghost for the win. I think the wiring is much neater on the Ghost - wiring harness exiting the head downward is nice, no coiled umbilical cord. While you want 24V now, the Ghost is voltage configurable. If you were ever to decide you want a 36v motor, just add a battery and reprogram the Ghost to 36v mode (97# thrust at 24v, 120# at 36v). The built-in transducer is dual technology - CHIRP sonar + downscan. It can connect directly to units with a 9 pin transducer connector, and if you have a 7 pin transducer input on an older unit, there's a short $30 adapter cable available.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: GPS Anchoring TM - 03/01/21 01:50 PM

GHOST is all they say and Anchor Lock is fantastic.
Posted By: Mo

Re: GPS Anchoring TM - 03/03/21 07:42 PM

Motorguide Xi5 is the other choice, way easier on the pocketbook. There is one for sale in the classifieds.

good luck

Mo
Posted By: forkduc

Re: GPS Anchoring TM - 03/03/21 10:05 PM

I had heard the Ghost only supports the newer Lowrance graphs!
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: GPS Anchoring TM - 03/04/21 12:34 AM

I've had a Terrova, Ulterra and now an Ultrex and have enjoyed each of them. I too have Lowrance graphs and each of the trolling motors provided 2D sonar to the unit up front. None of my trolling motors had the link system, so all I needed was the transducer.

You didn't say what type boat you have or how serious you fish, but you can now pick you up a Terrova for around $1500.00 new and there are a lot of used ones out there for around / under a grand.
Posted By: PelicanPoint

Re: GPS Anchoring TM - 03/29/21 02:14 PM

My new MG Tour Pro locks down and holds amazingly!!!
Posted By: skeeter17584

Re: GPS Anchoring TM - 04/03/21 11:07 AM

Ghost with Lowrance Carbon or newer units! Can choose 24v or 36 volt with push of a button. Paring can be done thru phone
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum