Texas Fishing Forum

Multiple Units not Separating Source

Posted By: ldmtsu

Multiple Units not Separating Source - 08/16/18 01:53 PM

I just had two HDS GEN 3s at bow installed and 2 HDS GEN 3s installed at console. On sonar source , if we select "bow" which is what the two up front are names, as far it's source it makes all four graphs say "bow". If I change source to "console right" it makes source on all four "console right". I went to settings, network, data sources and attempted to hopefully fix but all the sources said "invalid". THe dealer here contacted his Lowrance rep and this what he said:

• He is saying that when you run 4 different units and have them all Ethernet networked together, you will have to change the source each time regardless of where you are in the boat (example bow units or console units). So the way they are is working now is correct. There are a couple options to get around that though. A way to fix that, is to not network one of the units (possibly just use it for mapping as an example). If you network 3 units, then you can have it set to where you won't have to change the source each time. Another way to get around it, is to make the decision if you really want side scan on your Bow units. If you do not, then we can eliminate the sonar sharing from the Console units to the bow, and that will also fix it.
• On the sonar sources saying "invalid" that is ok. Almost every Gen 3 that I have installed, will say "invalid" on most of the sonar sources from time to time. Our rep just confirmed that with me also. He said it is a lowrance issue that they haven't been able to fix. Just need to make sure on the unit that you are looking at currently, in the data sources, that it is reading from the correct source that you want it to read from. "Console right" and "Bow 9" are the only two sources from which you should be pulling data from.

I was just curious if anyone knew this to be correct, or had anything to add. THank you!
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Multiple Units not Separating Source - 08/16/18 10:08 PM

I turned off network on my 3 units so I could get away from that problem.
Posted By: Pantera III

Re: Multiple Units not Separating Source - 08/17/18 01:20 AM

Try setting your data source to local instead of global. Should fix you issue
Posted By: Pantera III

Re: Multiple Units not Separating Source - 08/22/18 11:33 PM

Were you able to resolve to issue?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum