Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics chip problem.

Posted By: K_Dean

Navionics chip problem. - 08/09/18 04:09 PM

I bought what was portrayed as a new platinum south edition out of the classified. I was told he hadn’t used it and I could register it. After plugging it in it was out of date and registered to a helix 9 and out of date. I have a helix 10 mega. I’ve tried the card in both slots and it will not read it says “ loading charts”. Anyone have a suggestion? I’ve pm’d the seller asking to refund and I’d send the chip but he doesn’t respond. Thanks Kyle
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Navionics chip problem. - 08/09/18 05:22 PM

It does not have to be registered or updated to use.

You have to register/renew the subscription to do more updates after the original one year of Freshest Data Updates expires.

They are not unit brand/model specific.

Put the card in your computer, open the drive that has the card, click on the Navionic Folder and see what the map dates are.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics chip problem. - 08/09/18 06:50 PM

If after trying what Wayne recommended does not work, you can email Navionics ( help@navionics.com ) or try calling the customer service phone number and explain to them the situation. If it is a faulty card they might work out something with you or if it is an older card than you were told. they may do something along the lines of you paying the $99 to update and they send you a new card or something.

Re: Navionics chip problem. - 08/09/18 07:14 PM

Re: Navionics chip problem. - 08/09/18 07:16 PM

I believe the guy that sold it to me knew it was faulty that’s why he hasn’t responded after reading my private messages to him. Really want to do everything possible to rectify the situation and not put him on blast.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics chip problem. - 08/09/18 07:29 PM

I understand that completely, good luck with the situation. If any other questions or something I can help with it just let me know.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum