Texas Fishing Forum

Panoptics Livescope demo at Cabelas

Posted By: Procraft2000

Panoptics Livescope demo at Cabelas - 08/05/18 08:04 PM

Anyone go check it out? I did and left underwhelmed. Maybe to see it on a boat in familiar waters would have been different but...
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Panoptics Livescope demo at Cabelas - 08/06/18 07:32 AM

So what underwhelmed you? What were you expecting and what did you actually see? I have to admit the videos first had me ready to buy one but then I saw some and I wasn’t as impressed. I’m still on the fence of if I would change brands. It’s always better to hear opinions from someone who might be looking at it objectively instead of the die hard Garmin fans who may be biased just because of the brand.

I know for me I see the panoptics version and I don’t know what I am looking at. Could it just be a learning curve that didn’t impress you at first sight?
Posted By: Procraft2000

Re: Panoptics Livescope demo at Cabelas - 08/09/18 09:54 PM

I guess it just seemed 'canned'. Fish in aquarium swimming by then try to relate that image to what was on the screen. You could 'see' images swimming but whether it was a carp or crappie, no way my untrained eye could tell. Like I said, on familiar water it may have been different. Just not enough for me to bust out the wallet. I did learn they pre sold all they had and won't be back in stock until September. BTW, I have a new Garmin graph on the bow and like it so far. No knock on Garmin products intended.
Posted By: MurraynTx

Re: Panoptics Livescope demo at Cabelas - 12/26/18 03:05 AM

I totally agree!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum