Texas Fishing Forum

Another transducer location question

Posted By: bronco71

Another transducer location question - 08/01/18 11:36 PM

Changing up my electronics and want to mount the Lowrance Totalscan transducer in the best place. In the pics the Eagle broadband transducer on the left and the paddle wheel in the center from the Eagle Magna 3 plus on the bow will be removed. The transducer on the right for my Elite 7 HDI currently on the console but moving to the bow will remain. A HDS5 will be added on the bow running off the MG Xi5 transducer. The totalscan transducer will be for an Elite-9 TI on the console. NMEA network will be added along with Xi5 gateway and in the future a sonic hub2 when I can afford it. My concern is that the HDI transducer lost its signal over 25 mph in the location on the right, it will be fine where it is now since the Elite 7 HDI will be on the bow and not used at high speeds but I want to mount the Totalscan transducer somewhere that it will work the best. Should I mount it on the very back, on the red, instead of inside the step? And should I mount it on the left away from the HDI transducer? Thanks!

Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Another transducer location question - 08/02/18 02:11 AM

Re: Another transducer location question - 08/02/18 02:19 AM

Great! Thanks!
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Another transducer location question - 08/02/18 02:38 AM

You may need to trim the motor just a tad when scanning to get that clear shot to the left side. Not uncommon. If an when you lose depth readout simply switch over to full view chart and follow the contour depth readings.

Re: Another transducer location question - 08/02/18 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

You may need to trim the motor just a tad when scanning to get that clear shot to the left side. Not uncommon. If an when you lose depth readout simply switch over to full view chart and follow the contour depth readings.

Thanks again!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum