Texas Fishing Forum

Livewell plumbing

Posted By: learnin to fish

Livewell plumbing - 07/29/18 08:48 PM

I need help understanding my current livewell plumbing. I have a 2001 Skeeter 210 SL Fish/Ski. One of my livewells doesn't drain right due to a kinked drain hose so I am needing to replace that hose for sure. The livewells always get water in them no matter if I pump water in or not. The drain hoses come into the boat and then go towards the bow for about 6 feet or so and then loop around back to the livewells, see diagram below. Is that normal? Is that done to keep from completely filling up the livewell? If there is a better setup or better technology to keep from having to run all this hose please let me know.

Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Livewell plumbing - 07/31/18 01:32 AM

Pm. Sent.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Livewell plumbing - 08/01/18 12:56 AM

Check your overflow. I redid all of my plumbing on my boat and put new valve in and I find that when I am facing with the wind, waves or when backing the boat, it will fill it up. When I had a talon on you could hear the water come in with every wave if I was facing the right direction and taloned down. If you find this to be your problem you can put a plug inside of the livewell overflow to keep it out.
Posted By: learnin to fish

Re: Livewell plumbing - 08/02/18 06:16 PM

Thanks for the help.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum