Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance lss-2 help!!

Posted By: Pantera III

Lowrance lss-2 help!! - 07/08/18 07:27 PM

I posted this in bass fishing section as well. A couple days ago my structure scan stopped reading. Was not getting a bottom signal. I found a bare spot in the transducer cable that had been rubbing on the jack plate. I’m running older units so I’m using the structure scan box.Figured that was it so I replace to transducer today and I am still not getting a bottom signal. Anyone have any ideas. I’m getting power to the SS box, Ethernet lights are on but the sonar light is constantly flashing. Are the SS boxes known to go out. I believe it is still working because I can still read temp from the SS transducer and share waypoints via the SS box. I’m at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: UJC

Re: Lowrance lss-2 help!! - 07/08/18 08:34 PM

I would consider changing the ethernet cable from the LSS to the FF. Maybe you have an extra one or if connected to the bow unit take it and try it independently or find a friend who has a cable and borrow it to see if it works. If it does, then replace it. LSS boxes going kaput is not a common problem; it does happen, but not often.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lowrance lss-2 help!! - 07/08/18 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: UJC
I would consider changing the ethernet cable from the LSS to the FF. Maybe you have an extra one or if connected to the bow unit take it and try it independently or find a friend who has a cable and borrow it to see if it works. If it does, then replace it. LSS boxes going kaput is not a common problem; it does happen, but not often.
If it turns out to be the LSS box I have one around here.
Posted By: Pantera III

Re: Lowrance lss-2 help!! - 07/08/18 09:28 PM

I have multiple units so I have already tried changing cables and running them independently as well
Posted By: MAK747

Re: Lowrance lss-2 help!! - 07/10/18 05:17 PM

If you've already replaced the LSS transducer and you're still getting a flashing sonar LED while on the water, then I would suspect a defective SS module. Press your ear against the transducer and see if you hear it clicking.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum