Texas Fishing Forum

what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ?

Posted By: hawghoover

what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 10:34 AM

can someone give me a short list of what locators that will work with the Xi5 built in transducer.i dont want to spend a lot of money on one just to see a brush pile.my Hook 2-4x w/gps was great for that but wont work on the built in transducer.not over $400 please.guess i could call bass pro.thanks
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 04:32 PM

You will need Lowrance units with NMEA network - HDS or Elite-Ti models. Bass Pro Grapevine normally has in stock what you need.
Lowrance Elite-Ti 7 will be your least expensive 'new' option.

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 04:50 PM

thanks

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 04:58 PM

dont they make jumpers so you can run cheaper or diff units on the xi5 built in transducer.all im after is the bottom structure.dont need down scan or side scan.?
Originally Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff
You will need Lowrance units with NMEA network - HDS or Elite-Ti models. Bass Pro Grapevine normally has in stock what you need.
Lowrance Elite-Ti 7 will be your least expensive 'new' option.
Posted By: MAK747

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 06:02 PM

The Xi5 should have come with the Lowrance sonar cable with the blue connector. If you have that, and you're just wanting to connect the Hook-2 4x to the transducer in the Xi5, then you can use the 000-14070-001 adapter cable to covert from the 7 pin blue to the 6 pin black connector.

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 08:59 PM

yes it did thats what im talking about thanks man!!!

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 09:08 PM

cheers

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 09:11 PM

does bass pro sell them or where to order thanks
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 09:40 PM

The cable that you see on the trolling motor (blue connector) plugs/screws into the back of your Lowrance unit for 2D sonar from the trolling motor transducer.

LOWRANCE 7-PIN ADAPTER CABLE TO HOOKČ 4X & HOOKČ 4X GPS
000-14070-001

Posted By: bronco71

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 09:47 PM

This is interesting, my Elite-7 HDI has an NMEA socket on the back, will it work with my Xi5 and if so what functions will work? I've been told I need an HDS gen 2 or greater to work with the Xi5?

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 09:51 PM

i think Dave i need the adaptor plug wire as the cheep hook 2/x4 is one that the blue plug wont fit. motorguide said there are several Lowrance units it wont fit without the adapter.Lowrance said i need an Elite 7 or up for it to plug into the unit.other than that they said id need that adaptor
Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

The cable that you see on the trolling motor (blue connector) plugs/screws into the back of your Lowrance unit for 2D sonar from the trolling motor transducer.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bronco71
This is interesting, my Elite-7 HDI has an NMEA socket on the back, will it work with my Xi5 and if so what functions will work? I've been told I need an HDS gen 2 or greater to work with the Xi5?

Elite 7ti will but an Elite 7 will not.

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 09:57 PM

all i know is i love my xi5 best upgrade iv ever done to my boat.thanks Dave!
Posted By: bronco71

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/03/18 09:59 PM

Thanks, I kinda figured that but was excited when I read about the NMEA plug....

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/04/18 09:40 AM

thanks Dave!!

LOWRANCE 7-PIN ADAPTER CABLE TO HOOKČ 4X & HOOKČ 4X GPS
000-14070-001

Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 07/17/18 11:24 AM

Thanks, I kinda figured that but was excited when I read about the NMEA plug....

The NMEA is used to share waypoints. So, the Elite 7 can connect to your NMEA network to do that. As for doing anymore with the xi5, I don't think so. For the HDS gen2 and above, the integration to xi5 is much more extensive; controlling it from the HDS, go to waypoints, follow routes, etc... I have mine hooked up to HDS gen3 (2 of them). Good luck, Tim
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 09/15/18 02:29 PM

Is there a way to set up the Hook 7 2 with gps up with an XI3 or XI5? I looked at the posts above but am a bit confused with the adaptor cable that David posted.

Hawg, so you are saying you have been running the XI5 with the Hook series unit?

Re: what Lowrance to run with Xi5 ? - 09/19/18 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
Is there a way to set up the Hook 7 2 with gps up with an XI3 or XI5? I looked at the posts above but am a bit confused with the adaptor cable that David posted.

Hawg, so you are saying you have been running the XI5 with the Hook series unit?

In order to control the Xi with the Lowrance unit via the NMEA network, you need an Elite-7 Ti or above or an HDS-2, HDS-3 or HDS Carbon. The cable described earlier in the thread is to connect the Lowrance unit to the Xi5 built in transducer for 2D sonar.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum