Texas Fishing Forum

The Clean Screen

Posted By: Lazy Ike

The Clean Screen - 05/30/18 12:26 PM

Question for thegraph guru's new to me hummingbird, I want to clean screen. Can I use windex & microfiber cloth??
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: The Clean Screen - 05/30/18 01:25 PM

Windex Multi-Surface VINEGAR, not the other type.

Posted By: Dayne

Re: The Clean Screen - 05/30/18 01:47 PM

I have one thing that I use for TV, car window, mirrors, and my chart plotter screens. It is a 50/50 mix of distilled water and isopropyl alcohol with a micro fiber cloth. It is cheap, easy to use and does a fantastic job.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: The Clean Screen - 07/07/18 10:05 PM

Will both the rubbing alcohol mixture or the Multi surface take off water spots? When I get off the water, I wash my boat and leave my units on. I have been using Bass Boat saver but I notice it streaks bad...
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: The Clean Screen - 07/07/18 10:51 PM

the windex with vinegar does great. It will streak at first but the streaks will evaporate quickly
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: The Clean Screen - 07/08/18 12:41 AM

Yes on the water spots off the screen. Isopropyl will take the water spots and streaks off. Works great.
Posted By: Cast

Re: The Clean Screen - 07/08/18 11:18 AM

The last generation of monitors I bought were to be cleaned with a watered moist cloth. Y’all be careful using anything else. Alcohol dulled those monitors, I experienced it. Switched to water and got better results. Spots responded to a rub with a finger then a wipe.

Y’all be careful...
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: The Clean Screen - 07/08/18 02:11 PM

DON`T LAUGH but Lemon pledge lighty sprayed,a paper towel to cover the screen and soak up for about 60 sec then a micro fiber towel to finish up. the results will AMAZE you.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: The Clean Screen - 07/15/18 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: NITRO Z8
Yes on the water spots off the screen. Isopropyl will take the water spots and streaks off. Works great.

Love it... I use it on my sunglasses too, great stuff. Thanks for the tips plus it’s very cheap.
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: The Clean Screen - 07/15/18 08:23 PM

This is the best product I've found for cleaning my sonar displays and
ipads, imacs, etc, etc. Inexpensive. Made for the purpose.

Just spray and wipe off with a micro fiber towel.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M6ZZ0GM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

P.S. Alcohol will harm the non-glare coatings of these screens with use.

Posted By: Cast

Re: The Clean Screen - 07/16/18 12:21 AM

That stuff is two parts distilled water, one part 99% iso and a drop of original Dawn. Cleans your glasses too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum