Texas Fishing Forum

lowerance Xi5 (brand new) issues... STUMMPED

Posted By: TXHC

lowerance Xi5 (brand new) issues... STUMMPED - 05/24/18 02:49 PM

I have a new (maybe 5 hrs on it) Lowerance Xi5 110 thrust 36v set up. It's powered by 3 brand new marine deep cycle batteries and they are jumped off correctly. It work for 2 trips out perfectly and the anchor option is awesome. I went out last week and all of a sudden the battery was reading "red" and it wouldn't work correctly so I got back to the slip and put a good charge on them. I went out yesterday and the motor was reading red still and it wasn't working correctly. I took my boat out of te water and to autozone to see if the batteries were ok and I didn't get a bad one. Load tested them and they tested 89,97 and 89. All the wiring looked to still be good.

I am stumpped, does anybody have any idea of what it could be or what else I could check to get my setup back to %100 working order? TYIA for any inout and help. GOOD FISHING and TIGHT LINES.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: lowerance Xi5 (brand new) issues... STUMMPED - 05/26/18 02:00 AM

I would double check the wiring. I had a similar issue and there was a weak spot in my wires where it wired to the plug. Check every single inch of the wires and check your voltage at the plug if you have one.
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: lowerance Xi5 (brand new) issues... STUMMPED - 05/26/18 02:27 AM

Double check to make sure the screws to the plugs to the boat and from the batteries are tight all the way around. A loose screw can cause a low voltage reading and may cause it. And like medic said check the voltage at the plug. Sounds like there may be a loose connection somewhere
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum