Texas Fishing Forum

I pilot link?

Posted By: TroyKing

I pilot link? - 05/17/18 07:02 PM

Im going to order an ultrex in the next week or so, but i dont know much about the i pilot link systems or how they communicate with the graph.
I dont want to cut my self short in the future....so could somebody point me to the right info that would explain what all i need and how it works....thanks.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: I pilot link? - 05/17/18 07:18 PM

i-Pilot is the anchor "spot lock" feature.

i-Pilot Link will have the same anchor "spot lock" feature as the i-Pilot yet the link will connect to a compatible Humminbird unit with a LakeMaster Chart card and will have the follow the contour and Go-To feature.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: I pilot link? - 05/17/18 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

i-Pilot Link will have the same anchor "spot lock" feature as the i-Pilot yet the link will connect to a compatible Humminbird unit with a LakeMaster Chart card and will have the follow the contour and Go-To feature.

Is the link somthing somthing you would use as a crappie fishermen?
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: I pilot link? - 05/18/18 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing

If you troll bottom contours, the Follow-the-Contour feature with Lakemaster mapping would be a plus.

LINK gives you more Spotlock waypoint memory.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: I pilot link? - 05/18/18 03:04 PM

When you save a waypoint it is saved on your hb. Not only does that save many more spots but it also lets you use the go to feature to drive the unit to the spot. If you can afford it then I would suggest getting the link. The trolling motor will do a lot still if you don’t get it.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: I pilot link? - 05/18/18 04:23 PM

If you want it linked to HB graphs you need the i-pilot link.it allows for "spot lock" "go to" & "follow contour" also huge memory for previous tracks.

If not using HB graphs , then I-pilot alone will give you only a few features available. Spot lock, limited number of previous tracks.
Get the i-pilot link for full capabilities linking Ultrex with HB graphs.
David Goodson is THE man to contact. His post above ^^^^. He's the go to guy on Ultrex & HB. Fantastic customer service!!!
Posted By: javelin150

Re: I pilot link? - 05/18/18 06:05 PM

https://youtu.be/BRO0PbCpCNg

Beneficial for a crappie fisherman? Absolutely.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: I pilot link? - 05/19/18 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing

Troy, I left you a voicemail. Seems we have been playing phone tag.

In our Crappie Club "Crappie Anglers of Texas" we had a member fishing D2 alone and ended up winning the tournament in his division. I asked him just how he won the tournament and he stated that it was his Ultrex w/i-Pilot Link, Humminbird, and LakeMaster Charts. He said he noticed a bold area (deep water ledge) on his LM Charts and went to evaluate the area. He saw fish relating to this ledge and pointed his cursor to one of the contour lines and tapped the go-to button. He then selected which direction to go and two poled the ledge at a slow troll. He was culling by 9:30 am.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum