Texas Fishing Forum

Trailer tires

Posted By: TxRanger1

Trailer tires - 05/02/18 01:40 PM

Time for new tires and my first mistake was reading up on them with the different load ranges and speed of travel and what not. What are you guys using with a tandem trailer 18 foot boat? I would like to be able to at least drive the speed limit on the road to 70 mph. Based on your experience,what is a good tire that I can drive 70 mph with?
Thanks
Posted By: MAK747

Re: Trailer tires - 05/02/18 02:25 PM

For my next set I'm going to try the Goodyear Endurance load range D tires.
Posted By: Boo in FW

Re: Trailer tires - 05/02/18 06:52 PM

Goodyear Marathon is my go to, especially since they fixed the tire pressure issue. But I still run them 5 PSI over. smile I've had 2 sets in 10 years and have had only one flat.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Trailer tires - 05/02/18 06:57 PM

Most trailer tires are rated for 65MPH, so if you run higher than that for extended periods, you're asking for trouble.
What I did on the RV, and thinking aboit for the boat trailer, is putting LT tires on it. You may have to buy new rims to get into a truck tire, but the peace of mind is worth it. All of the ST tires are made in China except the Maxxis.
Posted By: UJC

Re: Trailer tires - 05/02/18 07:32 PM

Quoting:

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has answered that call with the new Endurance trailer tire. "Goodyear is proud and excited to introduce the Endurance, the only radial special trailer tire built in the United States," said Ryan Patterson, president of Goodyear's North American consumer tire business.Jan 30, 2017
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Trailer tires - 05/03/18 01:29 AM

I had Maxxis installed 1.5 years ago, they have less than 1k miles on them and had one blow out Friday morning. Of course it messed up the fender a bit. bang

No more Maxxis for me! And yes I run them at 50psi.
Posted By: shill

Re: Trailer tires - 05/23/18 12:35 AM

I just bought Goodyear endurance.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Trailer tires - 05/23/18 02:54 AM

The Endurance has a N rating which should do 70 for you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum