Texas Fishing Forum

Boats with Trim Tabs

Posted By: Jman

Boats with Trim Tabs - 03/29/18 10:59 AM

How many fish both salt and freshwater and have been in a boat with trim tabs. How do the trim tabs fare in some of the stumpy lakes? I would imagine you couldn’t get into real stumpy water or can you? I’m curious if you had a boat with trim tabs is it advisable to stay away from stumps or could you enjoy both environments equally without fear of tearing [censored] up.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Boats with Trim Tabs - 03/29/18 02:39 PM

They're fine..slides right off stumps. I've fished out of several Gamblers w/trim tabs on Fork.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Boats with Trim Tabs - 03/29/18 05:56 PM

If you're idling through or using the trolling motor and they are trimmed up all the way its a non issue. If their down all the way and your moving any faster then idle speed then thats another story.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Boats with Trim Tabs - 03/31/18 02:18 PM

Every boat 21' and longer I have tabs mounted on. They are excellent for load balancing, and helping to get a smoother, dryer ride. They recess nearly flat. Tabs do not prevent you from going anywhere you want to go, by the time you may have bumped a tab on something, your hull has already hit hit.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Boats with Trim Tabs - 03/31/18 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Capt Craig
Every boat 21' and longer I have tabs mounted on. They are excellent for load balancing, and helping to get a smoother, dryer ride. They recess nearly flat. Tabs do not prevent you from going anywhere you want to go, by the time you may have bumped a tab on something, your hull has already hit hit.

This^^^^^ and they are pretty strong as well. I won’t have a boat without them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum