Texas Fishing Forum

Which bird on the bow?

Posted By: TroyKing

Which bird on the bow? - 03/22/18 05:58 PM

I just put a helix 10 mega Si on the console....now I realize how handicapped I am with my old elite five dsi on the bow!
I'm gonna purchase another bird for the front( either another 10 or 12)..." But" I want to be as smart and educated as possible....I'ma crappie fisherman so I'm doing a lot of vertical....however I don't want to put any limitations on myself if I want to add a 360 or one day move the unit or something..some say I only need sonar and Di up front but not mega..I definitely want to network the two ..and get a trolling motor that will be compatible as well...so what are my options and possibilities...this is a big step away from the dark ages for me.. Thanks.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Which bird on the bow? - 03/22/18 06:12 PM

A Sonar, DI, or SI model will support the 360. Just choose whatever sonar technology you want with it.

The Helix 12 seems to be the best size for viewing 360.

There are MEGA SI models and MEGA DI models. The MEGA DI model has Dual Spectrum LowQ 2D sonar that has 140-240 kHz CHIRP range.
MEGA (1200 kHz) is another Imaging frequency to go along with 455 kHz and 800 kHz.
Sharper images with less coverage.

As far as a trolling motor is concerned, any motor that has an internal transducer is only for dual frequency 2D sonar. None do any imaging of any kind.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Which bird on the bow? - 03/22/18 06:30 PM

Thanks, so concerning transducers, if I go with say a mega Si, can that transducer be mounted to the trolling motor? Or would I have to order or trade in for a different one?
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Which bird on the bow? - 03/22/18 08:23 PM

The transom si transducer that comes with the mega units will be the same as the trolling motor ducer, just a different Mount is all.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Which bird on the bow? - 03/22/18 08:47 PM

The Humminibird trolling motor mount for the MEGA SI transducer comes with a RFI choke cable that goes between the battery and charger.

AD MTM
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum