Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird Customer Service

Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Humminbird Customer Service - 03/14/18 12:52 AM

Okay we all appreciate our Humminbirds, but I needed to share a customer service story with the group.

A week ago my Helix 10 SI KVD Gen 1 died on me. I shipped it back to the factory last Tuesday. Friday I get an email that it is on the way back, sweet. Well it comes in today, I pull it out of the box and wait, the serial number is different. And what is all the extra stuff with it, wait a minute, just a minute, they replaced my Gen 1 with a MEGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, I called and thanked them. So soon very soon I will join the Mega ranks. I have owned birds over 10 years, started with a 798, first unit I ever had a problem with.

Amazing customer service!
Posted By: Mudman63

Re: Humminbird Customer Service - 03/14/18 01:38 AM

thumb
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Humminbird Customer Service - 03/14/18 05:49 AM

That's good to hear. Glad they stepped up and made it better than right.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Humminbird Customer Service - 03/14/18 02:25 PM

Their customer service is second to none. IN most cases, they have a 3 day turn around. No one else even comes close.

Now if you start hearing ticking from the transducer with the MEGA, relax they do that.
Posted By: sfw1960

Re: Humminbird Customer Service - 03/17/18 01:34 AM

Yep - I have had similar experiences, and will continue to fly "Th' 'Bird" because of how well they take care of customers.

Like Craig said - pretty much any XDCR that is being Chirped with 4KW of power is going to "tick" more than a non-Chirp XDCR.

The lower you go in operating frequency; the longer the pulse length is (in time) and the lower the resolution is because the wavelength is physically longer which when it gets in the 40-100 kHz range can give a pretty peppy SNAP per transmitter pulse.

This (opposite in wavelength) is what makes the 1.300 MHz top end frequency of the MSI & MDI units generate such fine detail (the new Garmin box won't go that high, BTW).

Last time I had to send in a unit it was turned around in-house in one day!

thumb
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Humminbird Customer Service - 03/19/18 02:08 AM

Dainget boy!!...I sent mine in for repairs and just got it back two weeks ago, today it went to acting crazy and the screen went Black...I wish they would up Grade mine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum