Texas Fishing Forum

needing to redo the pontoon

Posted By: Madatu

needing to redo the pontoon - 02/20/18 09:47 PM

is there a place that i can buy a kit to replace the boat deck and carpet in the DFW metroplex for my pontoon ? i see places online but several states away.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: needing to redo the pontoon - 02/21/18 05:42 AM

Depending on how much deck needs replacing it might be cheaper to buy pressure treated 3/4” plywood at Home Depot and find marine grade carpet 8’x how ever long your pontoon boat is. There are several places around Dfw that sells marine carpet by the foot.
Posted By: CraZyNOTRT

Re: needing to redo the pontoon - 02/21/18 08:17 AM

Unless your boat is made out of stainless or galvanized steel stay away from pressure treated wood it's corrosive to other metals due to the chemicals they use. Better off with ceder exterior plywood
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: needing to redo the pontoon - 02/21/18 03:05 PM

Instead of carpet, Consider some of the other available surfaces.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: needing to redo the pontoon - 02/21/18 06:25 PM

Don't go to big box stores. Look for an actual lumber yard. Price is about the same but the quality of the plywood is much better. If you find a good lumber yard, they'll be able to help you pick out the proper material to replace the floor. As far as the carpet, if you decide to go that route, it can be ordered off ebay much cheaper than locally and what I have bought before was pretty good stuff. I'd avoid carpet myself and use another type of flooring as was suggested.

Re: needing to redo the pontoon - 02/21/18 07:52 PM

well, i found the plywood for 78$ / sheet for 3/4" not horrible. i am debating about using marine carpet or marine linoleum. I think I like linoleum but concerned if it will get slippery when wet. my father n law goes with me and he is 76 can anyone suggest if it is slippery. I have a 20' Lowe pontoon. my pontoons are aluminum I heard treated plywood will eat the aluminum.
Posted By: 9094

Re: needing to redo the pontoon - 02/22/18 03:51 PM

Cool dek.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: needing to redo the pontoon - 02/24/18 03:55 PM

Just take to safe floor folks, let them do a turnkey job and forget it...then you don’t have to worry about your father in law slipping and falling...

Re: needing to redo the pontoon - 02/24/18 04:22 PM

my neighbor got that installed last year, it looks cool but hard on the feet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum