Texas Fishing Forum

Minn kota Terrova I pilot

Posted By: shane crutcher

Minn kota Terrova I pilot - 02/10/18 11:05 PM

I have a tough decision to make and need some help! I can purchase a minn kota terrova I pilot or a power pole..Which would you prefer?
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Minn kota Terrova I pilot - 02/10/18 11:12 PM

Super easy there not even a thought------------ I Pilot
Posted By: Whaler-170

Re: Minn kota Terrova I pilot - 02/11/18 02:58 PM

I put the terrova on my boat add love it but I primarily fish in freshwater where depths would be to much for a power pole. The late model version is spot on as far as holding the boat on a mark.
Posted By: CraZyNOTRT

Re: Minn kota Terrova I pilot - 02/12/18 01:26 AM

I have a Terrova and Spot lock works just as good in 2ft of water as it does in 30ft. Just have to adjust the dept of the trolling motor which takes 6 seconds.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Minn kota Terrova I pilot - 02/12/18 04:21 AM

Spotlock. Plus you'll never have hydraulic fluid leak in your boat banana
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Minn kota Terrova I pilot - 02/13/18 04:05 PM

As stated above spot lock.
Posted By: JWC Nauticstar

Re: Minn kota Terrova I pilot - 02/13/18 07:39 PM

Spot Lock!!!!
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Minn kota Terrova I pilot - 02/13/18 09:03 PM

TM with spot lock for sure. You will use it all the time.

As for the issues with mounting these electric steer trolling motors or those of you that are concerned with how much the electric steer trolling motors protrude out from the boat, I created the LiftSaver TM Mount for the MG Xi5 but wanted to throw out that it also works for the MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptide. It helps solve a lot of the mounting issues with these electric steer motors. Take a few minutes to look at the website and PM if I can answer any questions or help you out in any way.

www.liftsavertmmount.com
Posted By: sfw1960

Re: Minn kota Terrova I pilot - 02/15/18 01:53 AM

My 8th year with i-Pilot/Link since introduction, no water depth limits on "anchor" mode - a.k.a. Spot-lock...

Power Pole isn't too good in 30 fow...LOL
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum