Texas Fishing Forum

I pilot link to 2 humminbirds

Posted By: stapler101

I pilot link to 2 humminbirds - 02/02/18 09:08 PM

I have an ultrex with ipilot link. I have 2 humminbird 1199's.
Do I need an ethernet switch to hook both 1199's to the ultrex?
If so, is there an option other than the $200+ humminbird as eth 5 pxg?
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: I pilot link to 2 humminbirds - 02/02/18 10:07 PM

Yes you will need it if you want to network both units and ultrex together. No other option unless you wanna network one unit to the ultrex and let the other one be a stand alone unit
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: I pilot link to 2 humminbirds - 02/03/18 01:47 AM

Ask on the trading section for one. That's what I did and found someone who had one sitting in his shop he didn't want and got it cheap.

Re: I pilot link to 2 humminbirds - 02/03/18 03:34 AM

Thanks guys!

Re: I pilot link to 2 humminbirds - 02/05/18 03:04 PM

if I have one helix with Bluetooth and one 1199c without blue tooth how do I network both? Can the helix Bluetooth and the 1199 be hardwired thus eliminating the need for the Ethernet switch?
If I have 2 Bluetooth helix units does that eliminate the need for any hardwiring and use both on Bluetooth?
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: I pilot link to 2 humminbirds - 02/05/18 03:13 PM

I don't believe that the Bluetooth takes the place of the Ethernet switch. The Bluetooth should allow for connection to a phone to control the helix from the App. I have two core units connected by Ethernet, it allows the units to use the same transducer also, if you want to link with the helix, and eventually get 360 etc, you will have to use the switch.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: I pilot link to 2 humminbirds - 02/05/18 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: stapler101
if I have one helix with Bluetooth and one 1199c without blue tooth how do I network both? Can the helix Bluetooth and the 1199 be hardwired thus eliminating the need for the Ethernet switch?
If I have 2 Bluetooth helix units does that eliminate the need for any hardwiring and use both on Bluetooth?

Bluetooth has nothing to do with communication between units. If you want to share data between units, that takes Ethernet (that hardwire thing).
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum