Texas Fishing Forum

Champion Fuel Tank

Posted By: Txbassin

Champion Fuel Tank - 02/02/18 12:53 AM

Lately I have noticed a pretty strong gasoline smell when I lift the back deck lid.
Anybody know where a person would begin to look for a replacement? Its the U shaped style.
Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Champion Fuel Tank - 02/02/18 12:57 AM

Someone was looking for one a few weeks ago and last I head couldn't locate anyone. The original manufacturer isn't in business any more. You might just have to go with a generic one.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Champion Fuel Tank - 02/02/18 02:11 AM

Fuel sending unit gasket.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Champion Fuel Tank - 02/02/18 02:13 AM

TXbassin , I'm the other guy that is hunting for a champion saddle gas tank. The company that originally built the Champion tanks was INCA. They were bought out by Seastar Distribution Solutions. Their number is 877-663-8396. I called them and they wouldn't give me any info. on my tank. They told me I would have to go through a marine shop that used their product to place my order. I contacted Rockwall Marine and Blake's marine with my info. and they are checking on the tank for me. It's been about a week and I haven't heard back from either of them. If these guys can't help me I'm going to purchase a 25 gallon Moeller #032525 plastic tank and install it in place of the old 32 gallon tank.
Good luck!

Re: Champion Fuel Tank - 02/02/18 12:47 PM

Thanks guys!
I have been thinking of finally fixing my fuel gauge and have been thinking about the sending unit being the culprit.
I am going to have to use a match to look cause its dark in there. LOL flame
Thanks pop r i will check on that Moeller.

Re: Champion Fuel Tank - 02/05/18 08:58 PM

My tank is a Moeller Model No. 3108 so far I cant locate one.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Champion Fuel Tank - 02/06/18 12:41 AM

Have you tried C&O Marine? They had a ton of Champion parts at one time.

Have you tried Moeller directly? They might still have the molds.

Re: Champion Fuel Tank - 02/06/18 04:05 PM

I have been in contact with Moeller this is their response:
I am not seeing anything pulling with the model number referenced. Could you please verify? More than likely you are seeing fuel permeation, fuel molecules penetrate the plastic creating a fuel smell. These are not vapors or fumes and there is no risk of ignition. You can always confirm you have no leak by performing a 3-psi pressure check and applying soapy water to all of your fittings. Unfortunately, if it is fuel permeation, there is no fix. I've attached our list of fuel tanks should you wish to browse, if you already have, we do not offer any other fuel tank at this moment. I sent picture of label on fuel tank and
I am waiting on a reply.
I think something has changed with C & O
I have them bookmarked and it’s not the same old website.
Thanks, I am going to keep searching.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Champion Fuel Tank - 02/07/18 02:07 AM

C&O still has a lot of parts. Call them and talk to Carol.

Re: Champion Fuel Tank - 02/08/18 01:08 AM

Thanks
Posted By: Lake Fork Boat Carpet

Re: Champion Fuel Tank - 02/13/18 04:31 AM

Go check Champion boat owners on Facebook
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum