Transducer question.

Posted By: Skeeterbrain

Transducer question. - 01/26/18 12:16 AM

I have an AirMar P66 transducer that was used with a Garmin unit. If I know the
pin out for it and the pin out and color codes can I splice the cables and
use it with a Humminbird 1197?
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Transducer question. - 01/26/18 01:21 AM

That transducer is not compatible with the Humminbird 1197 to my understanding.

Re: Transducer question. - 01/26/18 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

According to AirMar the P66-DT-HB is compatible with the 800, 900 and 1100 series. It is the P66 with
a Humminbird connector.

With this bit of information does that mean that I will be able to splice the cable and have it work?

Also if anyone has an old transducer that is not working I need the cable from it if possible.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Transducer question. - 01/26/18 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Skeeterbrain

According to AirMar the P66-DT-HB is compatible with the 800, 900 and 1100 series. It is the P66 with
a Humminbird connector.

With this bit of information does that mean that I will be able to splice the cable and have it work?

Also if anyone has an old transducer that is not working I need the cable from it if possible.

It may be compatible with those series, but not for Side Imaging. The 1197 is a Side Imaging 1100 series. Do you intend to set the connected transducer to Dual Beam and not have Side Imaging or do you intend to use the transducer splitter cable and run SI transducer also?
The 1157 is a 1100 series also, but it is 2D only.

If it has a Humminbird connection, you don't need to splice any cable to it if the connection is the Humminbird 7 pin plug.
Edit, I looked up the #9 connector and it is the 7 pin plug.

Re: Transducer question. - 01/26/18 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Wayne P.

a Humminbird connector.

It may be compatible with those series, but not for Side Imaging. The 1197 is a Side Imaging 1100 series. Do you intend to set the connected transducer to Dual Beam and not have Side Imaging or do you intend to use the transducer splitter cable and run SI transducer also?

If it has a Humminbird connection, you don't need to splice any cable to it if the connection is the Humminbird 7 pin plug.

I intend to only use 2d sonar on the 1197 ( I use it for mapping mostly ). I have a Helix for Side and Down imaging.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Transducer question. - 01/26/18 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Wayne P.

a Humminbird connector.

I intend to only use 2d sonar on the 1197 ( I use it for mapping mostly ). I have a Helix for Side and Down imaging.

The transducer is 50/200 kHz tuned. You should have that capability.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum