Texas Fishing Forum

trolling motor wiring between batteries on 24 volt system

Posted By: zachary00

trolling motor wiring between batteries on 24 volt system - 01/25/18 01:09 AM

i have a 24 volt trolling motor. The wire between the 2 batteries is not as big as the wire to and from the trolling motor. Do know exactly but it looks like the wire to and from the trolling motor is about a 6 gauge and between the batteries is 10 gauge. This doesn't sound right and i want to change it, but want to make sure there isn't something i dont know before changing it.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: trolling motor wiring between batteries on 24 volt system - 01/25/18 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: zachary00
i have a 24 volt trolling motor. The wire between the 2 batteries is not as big as the wire to and from the trolling motor. Do know exactly but it looks like the wire to and from the trolling motor is about a 6 gauge and between the batteries is 10 gauge. This doesn't sound right and i want to change it, but want to make sure there isn't something i dont know before changing it.

You are correct in being suspicious....

It needs to be at least as large as the rest of the wiring. Change it!
Posted By: zachary00

Re: trolling motor wiring between batteries on 24 volt system - 01/25/18 01:16 AM

thanks.
Posted By: Dayne

Re: trolling motor wiring between batteries on 24 volt system - 01/25/18 02:21 AM

Go to an auto parts store and buy a battery cable.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum