Texas Fishing Forum

Mounting HB Transducer on Jack Plate

Posted By: OKNitro

Mounting HB Transducer on Jack Plate - 01/11/18 02:56 AM

Installing a new HB Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N unit and want to install the transducer on the jack plate. I have a skid plate on the jack plate. Has anyone installed their transducer on a skid plate? I don't care about the transducer working when on plane.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Mounting HB Transducer on Jack Plate - 01/11/18 03:56 PM

Centered on a hole shot plate is the best installation IF your jackplate has enough offset to allow for the transducer's length so the motor does not contact it when trimmed all the way down.

Transducer Shield and Saver has a mount setup for the hole shot plate. It's the aluminum mount plus a wedge to get the correct attitude. If you don't have room, there is an L bracket for attaching it to the side of the jackplate. Contact Transducer Shield and Saver for the correct one that matches your jackplate.

You can just use the included transom mount, but would have to make a spacer between the mount and plate to get the right attitude. 8" is the assembled length of the transducer and mount. The cable comes out of the top of the transducer so you have to allow for managing that.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Mounting HB Transducer on Jack Plate - 01/12/18 02:12 AM

I don't know how to search on here but I posted a mount that my brother milled out of aluminum. Mounted it on the bottom of my jack plate and had rubber washers so I could tighten the transducer and have proper angle. I posted it when my screen name was just H2ODawg. I probably posted it a couple years ago. Lost my internet acct. and could not get a response from TTF to keep the same screen name with new internet provider so I changed my screen name.
Posted By: Okyakfishing

Re: Mounting HB Transducer on Jack Plate - 01/12/18 02:44 AM

I agree with Wayne, I have actually purchased a new transducer shield saver for a helix mega 12 unit I just purchased. I will put this in place of my SI transducer for my 1199 that currently on there. I should have it installed by Wed of next week and can post some pictures.

Re: Mounting HB Transducer on Jack Plate - 01/12/18 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Wayne P.
Centered on a hole shot plate is the best installation IF your jackplate has enough offset to allow for the transducer's length so the motor does not contact it when trimmed all the way down.

Transducer Shield and Saver has a mount setup for the hole shot plate. It's the aluminum mount plus a wedge to get the correct attitude. If you don't have room, there is an L bracket for attaching it to the side of the jackplate. Contact Transducer Shield and Saver for the correct one that matches your jackplate.

You can just use the included transom mount, but would have to make a spacer between the mount and plate to get the right attitude. 8" is the assembled length of the transducer and mount. The cable comes out of the top of the transducer so you have to allow for managing that.

Thanks, Wayne! I think I've figured out how to use the included transom mount.

Re: Mounting HB Transducer on Jack Plate - 02/20/18 01:31 AM

Well, I did have to have a wedge to get the transducer level when my boat was set to it's proper sitting position in the water. Went to Atwoods and purchased a $7.95 HDPE felling wedge in their chainsaw department and it did the trick.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum