Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex Repair

Posted By: C130

Ultrex Repair - 11/12/17 05:41 PM

My Ultrex broke yesterday and it’s a steering cable issue. It was detached at the pedal and I reattached it. Thought it was fixed but as soon as I turned the head it would onmy turn one way so I assume it’s broken or detached at the head.

What’s the usual procedure for repair and turn around time, just thought others may have had a similar issue? What are the odds Minn Kota will replace it? I’ll call Minn Kota in the morning. I live north of Houston in Magnolia. I’m not familiar with any of the approved service repair companies, any recommendations? I start vacation this week and had plans to fish all week.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Ultrex Repair - 11/12/17 07:25 PM

Service Centers

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/Authorized-Service-Providers/

Re: Ultrex Repair - 11/12/17 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel

Thanks, I saw the repair center locations and just wondering if anyone has any experience with the local ones. I've never heard of any of them except Captain Kirks. Guess I'll just call and see who can fix it first. I'd prefer it be replaced but not sure that'll happen.
Posted By: LakeForkBoatAccessories

Re: Ultrex Repair - 11/14/17 01:52 AM

Ive used G&S right around beltway 8 and 59. It was years ago. Probably still the same great service. Good luck.

Re: Ultrex Repair - 11/15/17 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: LakeForkBoatAccessories
Ive used G&S right around beltway 8 and 59. It was years ago. Probably still the same great service. Good luck.

Thats who I used and they were excellent. They had it ready today by noon and had the parts in stock. I got lucky as they had just received the new updated steering cables and they also replaced the sensor board with the newer one.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum