Texas Fishing Forum

1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH!

Posted By: Scott Gordon

1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/02/16 05:51 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The American Cancer Society has partnered with the Ray Hubbard Bass Club and Gordon Outdoors to host the first annual "Fish-for-a-Cure" on Saturday October 15th, at Lake Ray Hubbard. Anglers/teams may now preregister for this event by going to http://www.relay.acsevents.org.

Angler check-in and open registration will start at 5:00am at the Bass Pro Shop in Garland. All anglers/teams will be allowed to launch from the ramp of their choice on Lake Ray Hubbard and proceed to their fishing spots. First cast will be at 7:00am and last cast at 3:00pm. All anglers/teams will then proceed directly to the off-site weigh-in at Bass Pro Shop in Garland. In addition to the weigh-in there will be a raffle and drawing with great prizes throughout the day. There will also be food and entertainment on-site at Bass Pro Shop in Garland!

1ST ANNUAL AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY FISH-FOR-A-CURE DETAILS:

WHEN: SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH

WHERE: LAKE RAY HUBBARD

ENTRY: $100 PER BOAT

PAYOUT: $3000.00 GUARANTEED FIRST PLACE + $500 BIG BASS

FORMAT: OPEN TEAM/INDIVIDUAL (ANGLERS CHOICE)

REGISTRATION: VISIT FISH-FOR-A-CURE http://www.relay.acsevents.org

For more information please contact Scott Gordon, Tournament Director at 214-801-2611, or Dave Simmons at 214-392-2611
Posted By: Simmonsdlwa

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/02/16 07:47 PM

www.main.acsevents.org/fishforacure

This is correct link for registration if Scott or Admin can fix.

Thanks. We are looking forward to a great event!
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/03/16 02:00 PM

This looks like a great event! Hopefully I can fish it
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/04/16 02:42 AM

We have sponsorship opportunities available starting at $250.00. Get involved with this great cause guys! Also, we are looking for donations for our raffle, Please contact myself, Scott or David for more information! Come out and join us!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/05/16 10:34 PM

PM me, e-mail at tomnali2@sbcglobal.net or text at 817-980-0718 for more info. We need you and your Company involved! This is going to be a fun day. Let's turn Ray Hubbard pink!
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/07/16 11:31 AM

Ray Hubbard should be fishing great for this.

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/08/16 01:44 PM

Contact us for more info!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/10/16 02:21 AM

ttt

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/12/16 12:06 PM

I hope everyone plans to make it to this one. Excellent cause and great payouts. I can't wait for this event!!
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/12/16 01:33 PM

5 Reasons to Fish the American Cancer Society FISH-FOR-A-CURE

• You would be giving to a very worthy cause, helping to end human suffering and contributing to the happiness and well-being of others.
  • Challenge yourself to fish aginst your peers and perhaps go home that night with some extra cash.
  • We have a living, breathing example of how your donation will make a difference, thank you SoCal Tom for all you do.
  • We all know someone that has had Cancer or is going through the fight right now.
  • What causes cancer, who gets it, and why, is a huge area of research, your donation makes a REAL difference.

We have the best in the business Scott Gordon running the show. We have the Ray Hubbard Bass Club making sure the weigh-in process goes smoothly. Bass Pro Shops has provided us with outstanding facilities to provide a professional fishing experience and the American Cancer Society will make sure your donation is tax deductible and provides maximum benefit. Please give, please support this event and yes YOU can FISH-FOR-A-CURE!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/13/16 04:05 AM

+1^^^^^^^
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/13/16 04:22 AM

I am most definitely fishing this. Fishing for a great cause. I have bad personal experience with Cancer and this will hit home for me big time.
Posted By: Matt M

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/13/16 05:59 PM

I'm going to have to dust off the boat and rods for this one.

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/16/16 12:22 AM

Glad to hear you guys are coming out! We are still looking for sponsors and donations for the raffle. Please get in touch with us!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/16/16 11:42 AM

Ttt

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/18/16 06:21 AM

Register online or make a donation here!

http://relay.acsevents.org/site/Calendar?id=120864&view=Detail

Anything you can spare can help make a difference. Thank you!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/20/16 03:17 PM

I'm back in town. Contact me if you need info!
Posted By: burner42

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/21/16 03:50 PM

Think I'll make this my first tourney. My father was just diagnosed with cancer and have been wanting to try out a few tournaments this year. Should be fun for a great cause!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/22/16 03:36 PM

Please come out and join us Burner. As a cancer survivor myself, I can attest to the benefits that research can do. My thoughts and prayers are with your Father and your family. Please introduce yourself. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Guys, we need you to fish this, but we also need items donated for our raffle. If you can make a donation, please contact me!
Posted By: nate king

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/23/16 10:27 AM

WOW!! Way to go guys. Nice Cause!! See everyone there.
Posted By: Matt M

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/23/16 06:10 PM

My wife is talking to her work about a raffle donation

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/26/16 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt M
My wife is talking to her work about a raffle donation

Awesome Matt! Thank you!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/27/16 01:46 PM

Guys, you can register to fish on line using a credit or debit card here!

We need you!
Posted By: T CLIMER

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/27/16 04:54 PM

Hope my new boat is here in time for this one!!
Posted By: TDR2

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/27/16 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom

We need you!

I couldn't get the link to work

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/27/16 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: TdRoss
Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom

We need you!

I couldn't get the link to work

Go here.

Click below on Register or Donate and fill out the form. Let me know if there is a problem from that point. If anyone else has had a problem getting registered on line, please let me know
Posted By: TDR2

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/27/16 11:15 PM

That link worked. We are paid up and ready to go!
Posted By: BAGaBass

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/28/16 01:40 PM

Think I will get in this one. grin
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/28/16 05:06 PM

I'm looking forward to it. I'll have to check with my boat captain to see if we're registered yet.

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/29/16 10:20 AM

Maybe Mods can fix Scott's original post since he's on the road.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/30/16 12:54 AM

I have a cousin coming in from Austin that would like to fish this tournament if anyone is on the edge about fishing and would like to fill a back seat.

Matt
469-510-1275

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 09/30/16 04:28 PM

Let's get a partner for Matt's cousin and get them on the water! Guys, if you are on the fence about sponsoring, we're about out of time. We have a drop dead date of Monday at 5PM to get logo art in for the t-shirts and signage. Contact me and I will e-mail you a sponsorship form. I will also be updating this post with a complete list of donated prizes to be won later this evening!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/01/16 10:13 AM

Ttt

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/03/16 01:08 PM

Come fish. Let's get a great turnout for this event.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/03/16 01:44 PM

Definitely looking forward to this one!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/04/16 11:05 AM

Fall fishing on Hubbard. It's the only time I like the lake.

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/05/16 03:59 AM

Guys, here is a list of items donated for the drawings. You could win one or more of these items for a donation at the event. RHBC will be selling chances at the weigh in area all day on the 15th. You do NOT have to be present to win. We will have you put a name and number on the tickets so we can reach you to get your prize to you.

Bohonk Lures - Several Gift Packs of Bladed Jigs and Buzzbaits
ProCull Fishing - 2 sets of cull rings
Two $50.00 BPS Gift Cards
Texas Nameplate - 4 measuring boards (2 custom) and a graph mount
TFO Rods - 2 Cliff Pace rods
Fishing World is donating a yet to be determined Yeti product
Matt Martin - Water Pump and Gear Lube Change
Belfiore Salon - Product basket and Gift Card
Vic's Marine - Boat Detail with buff and wax
The following Lake Fork Guides have donated trips
Sam Cotton - Full day
Mark Pack - Half Day
Josh Priest - Half Day
Zach Hughes - Half Day
Eric Wright - Half Day Duck Hunting Trip
Rockwall Marine - 2 gallons Engine Oil
Texas Land and Cattle discount cards

The big one is a personally autographed football signed by Roger Staubach!

Thank you to all the businesses and individuals who have donated. More to come!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/06/16 11:02 AM

Ttt
Posted By: 007.

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/06/16 05:26 PM

Do y'all know if rookies are allowed to fish this event?

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/06/16 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: 007.
Do y'all know if rookies are allowed to fish this event?

Why? Are you bringing one?? roflmao ALL ARE WELCOME!
Posted By: 007.

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/06/16 08:26 PM

No, I was asking in case JB wanted to fish. Ha! just messin' with ya JB... cheers Actually, haven't been on Hubbard since March and I may feel like a rookie out there. Nevertheless, still planning on fishing the tournament. It's going to be fun and for a great cause... thumb

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/07/16 02:39 PM

Very glad to hear you are joining us Brandon!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/08/16 04:35 PM

Just one week away! I'm getting fired up for this one!!!!
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/09/16 02:41 PM

TTT

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/10/16 02:15 PM

We have had a half day guide trip on Lake Fork donated by Rick Carter and Tommy Yetts at Rockwall Marine has thrown in 2 more gallons of oil to make 4! Thank you!

Also, if you are planning on coming out that day, plan to go to lunch or dinner at Texas Land and Cattle next door to BPS. They are doing a dine and discount for us and 15% of all sales on Saturday will be donated to ACS. Let's support the people that are supporting us! Thank you Texas Land and Cattle!
Posted By: Brandon520

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/10/16 03:06 PM

If we are pre registered for this, do we have to check in the morning of the tournament or can we launch at the ramp of our choice? Also last cast is at 3 but when is the final weigh in? Anyway we can get the rules? Thank you sir... looking forward to the event.

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/10/16 03:16 PM

Yes, ALL participants must check in at the trailer at bass Pro Saturday morning for live well check. We are opening at 5:00AM. You must be in the weigh in line by 4:00PM. All those questions and more can be answered here as well. Thanks for supporting us Brandon!

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt..._T#Post11865358
Posted By: BAGaBass

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/10/16 10:26 PM

Can we dock at bass pro and walk the fish up to the weigh in?
Posted By: Richland Chambers Angler

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/11/16 02:21 AM

The Colony Bass Club is having a Mystery Lake tournament the same weekend. We meet a Walmart and choice a lake to go to, Ray Hubbard is one of the Mystery lakes. Which would be the best ramp to use not to compete with you your tournament?
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/11/16 03:20 AM

Ray Hubbard probably wouldn't be a good choice for the tournament, it's already going to be super crowded. But if y'all draw it, we'll see you out there!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/11/16 05:14 AM

Bag, I think at least part of the dock is open. It will be a long walk but if you like, go ahead.

Colony, ours is a trailering event. I'm not sure where most of our guys will launch although I anticipate Chandlers will be popular. You may want to avoid Chandlers.

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/11/16 01:03 PM

And if you can swing the registration at BPS, fishing times and weigh in fish both😜

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/11/16 03:38 PM

We have had a couple more donations to the raffle. For you Sooner fans, former OU and Oakland/LA Raiders star RB Kenny King is donating a signed football. MLF/FLW Pro Kurt Dove is donating an autographed jersey and other swag from his sponsor Expanse. We also have a donation from B.A.S.S. Elite Series Pro Carl Jocumsen with baits and an autographed hat and shirt. The value on this is over $300.00! Aussie Aussie Aussie! You can use cash, or check made out to ACS for registration, shirts and raffle tickets. 5 days away. Come join us!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/13/16 01:20 AM

How many teams are signed up?? I can't wait for this event. It's gonna be a good one!!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/13/16 12:28 PM

Coy, we are getting the final tally from our on line registration later today. That response has not been huge, but since you have to check in with Scott the morning of the tournament, we know there is going to be a large walk up registration. Speaking of that, on line registration for the tournament is now closed. If you did not register on line to fish, you can do it in person at Bass Pro Shops beginning at 5:00AM on Saturday. We accept cash, checks made out to ACS or credit/debit cards. We have had some great new items added to the raffle!

1 Pair Oakley sunglasses
$500.00 service certificate for Tracker Marine
$300.00 Carl Jocumsen lures/autographed hat and shirt package
Kurt Dove autographed MLF hat and Lake Amistad jersey
1 Big Bass Tour Pro Rule measuring board
Bass Pro Shops tackle packs

We have decided because of the outside interest in certain items, we will be doing separate raffle buckets for the following:

Yeti soft side cooler
Belfiore Salon - Gift Certificate and gift basket
Personalized Roger Staubach autographed football

Let us know when you buy your raffle tickets if you would like them placed in the general drawing for the rest of the items, or some/all placed in these particular buckets for just these prizes. Remember, you DO NOT need to be present to win! Thanks to everyone who has donated!

Now all we need is you! Come join us on Saturday for a great cause!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/14/16 02:06 PM

In answer to a question in the Bass Fishing section here is some raffle info for you.

I will be there selling raffle tickets when you arrive for check in tomorrow morning. We will be doing the drawings during and after weigh in. We will have everyone put their name and number on the tickets so if we draw your number and you are not there, we will hold your prize and contact you so you can get it. I will be in front of the store selling tickets all day as well, so if you are not fishing, you can come by any time to buy some!
Posted By: Joefishin

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/14/16 08:57 PM

Cancer Research and Bass Fishing? Awesome, see you boys in the mornin!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/14/16 11:05 PM

Looking forward to seeing you Joey!

Weather tomorrow looks good!

Partly Cloudy High of 87° Starting at 69° - Winds from the South 10-15 mph Humidity 72% Good day for fishing!

Dunkin Donuts in Rockwall is providing a little breakfast for participants in the morning. That should get there not long after Registration starts. It's going to be a fun productive day! If you can't fish, come by in time for the weigh in and try and win something in the raffle. It's almost go time!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/15/16 11:46 PM

We are done and what a day it was. On a day when we were sweating how many would come out because of other large competing events, and high winds, we had 62 boats join us today. 62! Thank you all! The team of Brian Fox and Wes Price took home the $3000.00 first prize weighing a 5 fish limit for 18.68 pounds! RHBC members Garrett Macias and Bobby Finta took home the $500.00 big bass prize with a 6.64! Most importantly we took in over $17,000.00 for our friends at the American Cancer Society and more is coming in. We have to pay the bills out of that, but most of it is going to ACS.

Thanks to Arie Curtis and Ginger Hutson from ACS for your guidance and confidence in us. Thanks to the incomparable Scott Gordon. First class all the way. Thanks to everyone who donated goods and services to the incredible raffle drawings. Thank you to our sponsors for setting the groundwork for this event. And thank you to my incredible brothers and sisters of RHBC. You came out in force and made this event great. I will get full results and pictures from the event posted ASAP.

Tom

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/16/16 02:51 AM

Is there a place to see the full results? Great event! Tough bite but it was still fun! Congrats to the winners!

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/16/16 03:08 AM

Tom has the final tournament results and will be posting them soon.

Re: 1ST ANNUAL FISH-FOR-A-CURE - LAKE RAY HUBBARD - SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH! - 10/16/16 08:52 PM

I will have full results and pictures posted tomorrow in the Bass Fishing section
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum