Texas Fishing Forum

BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH

Posted By: TBT

BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/23/16 10:25 PM

* Late registration begins at 5am Saturday June 4th at the D&D South ramp.

See you at the lake,
BLT staff
Posted By: Clark3

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/24/16 01:08 AM

Same day as the red bull cliff diving championships? I would seriously consider moving this one. There won't be room at the south DnD ramp to launch a boat Saturday. You'll have to launch it 3 days in advance.

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/24/16 01:09 AM

By the way I went to it last year. I'm not exaggerating when I say the line to launch a boat for this was over a mile down the peninsula road
Posted By: djones03

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/24/16 02:59 AM

They launch at 5am?

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/24/16 03:22 AM

They'll be launching Friday to get a good spot to watch Saturday, and party all night on the lake Friday night I have some pictures of the mahem at the ramp the morning of the red bull event . Let me look for them .

There's other ramps, DnD south is one of the closest to hells gate is why it's so busy.

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/25/16 07:30 PM

Ttt
Posted By: Pk Lake

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/25/16 08:39 PM

It will be a cluster *&^%...... Good luck!
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/26/16 03:22 PM

Thanks for the Heads up on the Cliff Diving Event. I just had a buddy that goes confirm it will be a mad house. Glad I did not pay for this one in advance. I can't imagine being on the lake at the same time as this event. One thing is for certain you fellas saved me a lot of frustrations bang
Posted By: snake oil

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/26/16 03:44 PM

Yea everybody and their dog goes to cliff diving.....
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/26/16 05:11 PM

Putting it in perspective..... Every cabin, rental, place to stay is absolutely booked! It is going to be very crazy out there. I have never seen that lake booked up.....

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/27/16 03:26 AM

We are checking out all possible options. Different ramps or possibly a different day.

We are contacting those anglers who fish in our West division for input.

We will update everyone soon.
BLT STAFF
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/28/16 02:01 AM

Verdict? Would like to continue fishing these. I hear Ivie is nice this time of year.
Posted By: Chris Davis - USAFishingTrails

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/28/16 02:47 AM

No date change. Waiting to hear back about changing ramps. It will be posted on the Early Entries page next week.

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/28/16 06:53 PM

If you guys would offer the 5th which is Sunday, that would be a much better alternative. Either way it's yalls tournamnets and free to do as you please you will get anglers regardless.

But out of safety alone I wish you guys would move it to Sunday the 5th...

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/29/16 08:02 PM

What Ramp other than D&D South would you recommend to move further away from the Red Bull event at the Cliffs?

We will allow trailering.

BLT staff

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/29/16 08:02 PM

What Ramp other than D&D South would you recommend to move further away from the Red Bull event at the Cliffs?

We will allow trailering.

BLT staff
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/30/16 06:44 PM

North D&D across the road, long run for boats going to Hells Gate. Maybe contact the State Park and see if you can get a deal there but that could be completely booked up with campers and boats. There are a few smaller ramps that wouldnt be filled up most likely

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/31/16 12:41 AM

I would contact PK lodge. They have a ton of parking and host major Bowfishing tournamnets there. Would be a longer run for some guys but much better than anything along the peninsula. The issue won't be the take off, the issue will be weighing in and traffic in general on the DnD south and north Ramps

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/31/16 12:42 AM

Just saw you're allowing trailering. PK lodge is a big area for weigh ins. They're very nice people too
Posted By: 9094

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 05/31/16 02:32 AM

Chris I would advise the ramp across from Costello Island.
It is a big ramp bigger than South DD with the great parking and the Red Bull crowd will Probably not be very heavy there. They weren't last year.
Posted By: Pk Lake

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 06/01/16 01:22 AM

hung

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 06/01/16 01:47 AM

They're about to open a 3rd gate. Have over 12,000 CFS flowing into the lake at the north end, and all the water hasn't even made it there yet!

Three weeks ago they only had 6509 Cfs coming in and still held the gates at 19,800 Cfs cor almost a week.

Double that coming in, do the math. The lake almost won't be navigatable this weekend with all the debris

This reading is from the south bend gauge reading just north of the lake. by Friday I wouldn't be surprised if a 4th gate was opened, making matters worse

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 06/01/16 12:00 PM

Lakes in pretty rough shape......this was taken up near bluff creek, the south end of the lake, debris is making its way down

Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 06/01/16 05:52 PM

I saw that.... Terrible!
Posted By: Big bite

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 06/01/16 08:33 PM

Was out on the lake today it wasn't bad at all what I seen.
Posted By: pagemaster

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 06/01/16 10:36 PM

I have a buddy that has a place on the lake. He said that with all the rain there will be a lot of trash in the water. Also with the cliff diving he said if they don't cancel it would be a cluster you know what. For that reason my partner and I will pass. Good luck to you all and be safe!!!!
Posted By: Chris Davis - USAFishingTrails

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 06/03/16 01:42 AM

I have spoken to a few guys that have been out at the lake and they say most of it is fine. We are allowing trailering, and we have moved the ramp to the public ramp across from Costello Island. Check the Early Entries page on the website for the fishing times. Good luck to everyone!
Posted By: bass cowboy

Re: BLT -- POSSUM KINGDOM - JUNE 4TH - 06/05/16 02:24 PM

any results?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum