Texas Fishing Forum

Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament

Posted By: sirhawk619

Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 02/23/16 11:24 PM

In this day and age it is more important than ever that we show our support in all that the Police Officers do for Us and our Families. So we are putting on a Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament on April 16, 2016 at Ceadar Creek Lake Log Cabin, TX. The Participants will sign up and pay for the tournament by April 1st, then we are placeing a Police Ofiicer with them to do the Tounament as a team. Entry Fee is $160.00 1st place payout $5000.00 with 70 entries. More places payed out with every 10 entries after. $70.00 of all Entries is going to The Texas Municipal Police Association Charities who is a non-profit charity that helps Police Officers and thier Famileys. We are also going to have Live Music, a Bounce House, and Food at the event to help bring in the community and make this as fun of an event as we can. For more info please go to http://www.takeaofficerfishingbasstournament.com/
Posted By: Robert 310

Re: Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 02/24/16 07:49 PM

Thanks for this. That is awesome!!
Posted By: ShaneM

Re: Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 03/07/16 04:07 AM

How many boats do you have signed up at this time?
Posted By: blackskeeter

Re: Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 03/07/16 09:27 PM

Id love to do this but its the same day as the texas team trail and im commited to that already. If yall have another i can make later on i will be all in.
Posted By: Garrett Seagraves

Re: Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 03/08/16 01:23 AM

This is awesome! I'd love to be in on this, but have too much going on with my other trails. Any plans on having another one later in the year after the majority of the trails are over with and everyone would be free to get in on this?
Posted By: toofy

Re: Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 03/08/16 01:33 AM

Is this tournament held every year? I just got my first boat and I suck at fishing but this would be awesome for my Fort Worth PD buddy and I to practice for if there is a 2017 tournament.

EDIT: Just talked to my friend who's an officer and we want to do it this year. We will probably drive over Friday night once we figure out a place to stay. On reading this again, it looks like officers are being paired with participants. I assume my officer friend and I can pair up together? I told him it was BYOC (Bring Your Own Cop)!
Posted By: I-N-JOY FISHING

Re: Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 03/18/16 06:21 PM

Is this tournament still a go?
Posted By: Scott Gordon

Re: Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 03/18/16 08:17 PM

Be sure to check out the "Texas Police Games" coming up on June 15th & 16th! There will be a two-day bass tournament that is part of the events, check out http://www.texaspolicegames.org for more info

Originally Posted By: toofy
Is this tournament held every year? I just got my first boat and I suck at fishing but this would be awesome for my Fort Worth PD buddy and I to practice for if there is a 2017 tournament.

EDIT: Just talked to my friend who's an officer and we want to do it this year. We will probably drive over Friday night once we figure out a place to stay. On reading this again, it looks like officers are being paired with participants. I assume my officer friend and I can pair up together? I told him it was BYOC (Bring Your Own Cop)!
Posted By: sirhawk619

Re: Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 03/18/16 08:39 PM

Yes you can bring your own officer, just let me know so we don't pair you up with one. If we can we will try to do this again next year. We have people signing up every day, hoping to have a good turn out. Please keep helping to get the word out. The more Fisherman we can get the more police officers we can take fishing. Thanks for all the help.

Re: Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 12/19/16 12:47 AM

Any plans to try this again in 2017? I know there wasn't enough interest last year.

Re: Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 04/02/17 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: toofy
Any plans to try this again in 2017? I know there wasn't enough interest last year.

Any updates on a 2017 tournament? My fishing buddy is Fort Worth PD and I would love to do this with him.
Posted By: Scott Gordon

Re: Take A Officer Fishing Bass Tournament - 04/02/17 12:21 PM

I am hosting the two-day bass tournament in June for the "Texas Police Games", we have a separate division for LEO's fishing with a non-LEO guest. We have a info post here on TFF in this section or you can visit http://www.texaspolicegames.org
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum