Texas Fishing Forum

Brother Blue Bass Tournament

Posted By: Blue Line

Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 01/26/16 04:21 PM

We are looking at April 30 2016 Joe Pool Lake Lynn Creek Park stay tuned for more info!
Posted By: James P.

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 01/27/16 06:10 PM

Dang same day as Bass Champs. Wish it could be in March.

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 01/30/16 01:36 AM

We looked at different dates and there seems to be tournaments every weekend and that date seemed to have the least amount. Sorry about that James.

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 02/01/16 07:22 PM

It's all good y'all have fun , fishing should be good. Maybe we can have another one in September. When the lakes not so crowded .
Posted By: 206 champion

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 02/04/16 02:18 AM

Wish it wasn't same date as bass champs
Posted By: Rob Wertz

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 02/22/16 05:25 AM

I'm interested how can I find out more about tournament?
Posted By: Mikel Stephens

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 02/22/16 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob Wertz
I'm interested how can I find out more about tournament?

Ditto

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 03/29/16 03:20 PM

Everyone I now have a website y'all can go to and see te flyer along with registering on line!
grandprairiepa.com and scroll down to where you see Save the date. We are excited to get this tournament going on the 30th we can't wait. We are always looking for donations from money to gift for prizes. If anyone knows anyone interested please contact us!
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 04/07/16 05:57 PM

What are the rules you will be going by and is there a Off-limits time for the lake prior top the tournament. Planning on attending this with either my daughter or dad.

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 04/14/16 09:23 PM

The rules will be posted on the table on the morning of tourney when registering, also will be posted up on the www.grandprairiepa.com site down under save the date. The is a friendly tourney hosted by the Grand Prairie Police Association. This tourney has no off limit times on the lake. We want a honest fun tournament with great people and great fishing. We wish everyone could fish however we under stand there are big tournaments the same day and we wish you the best of luck at those!

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 04/25/16 08:05 PM

Registration: Entry fee is $100 per team and must be paid before the team starts fishing. An optional Big Bass Pot is $5.00. All entrants must check in at Lynn Creek Park registration/weigh-in site at the pavilion. Pavilion open for check in Friday night from 7:OOpm to 9:30pm or on Saturday from 5:30am to 7:30am.

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 04/25/16 08:06 PM

Tournament Rules
*Anyone that has failed a polygraph or has been disqualified at any tournament is not eligible to enter. *
1. Participation/Eligibility:The GPPA tournament is open to eligible anglers and will be a team event. Teams will consist of no more than two contestants and no more than two per boat. Only tournament contestants are allowed in the boat unless permission granted by tournament director. Anglers under the age of 18 must have the signature of their parent or guardian on the entry form and are paired with nan adult over the age of 18.
2.Registration: Entry fee is $100 per team and must be paid before the team starts fishing. An optional Big Bass Pot is $5.00. All entrants must check in at Lynn Creek Park registration/weigh-in site at the pavilion. Pavilion open for check in Friday night from 7:OOpm to 9:30pm or on Saturday from 5:30am to 7:30am.
3.Tournament Times: Fishing/First cast time starts at 7:00am. The weigh-in line will open at 3pm and will close at 4pm. An official clock will be maintained at the weigh-in site for coordination.
4. All anglers will follow state and local laws. Remember, Joe Pool Lake is a special regulation lake with an imposed slot limit of 14 to 21 inches and five fish a day. Only one fish over 21 inches in length can be retained by each angler and must be in that angler’s possession.
5.Scoring: Each team will be allowed to weigh five legal fish (Black Basses and total stringer weight will determine winning positions. Illegal fish will be disqualified. If participating in Big Bass Pot. each participant will select the individual fish to be weighed. All ties will be decided by a coin flip.
6. All participants should use any means available to keep fish alive and lively. Any dead fish brought in will be disqualified and will not be weighed. All live fish brought in will be collected by the Tournament Director for live release in Joe Pool Lake. Trophy fish may be retained by the contestant if he or she wishes.
7. Tournament participants are allowed free entry to Joe Pool Lake only if they enter Lynn Creek Park or Loyd Park after registration is completed. Discounts will not be honored at the State Park or at Joe Pool Marina.
8. Trailering is allowed. Contestants may launch from any location. Wading, tube fishing, use of pirogues or canoes is acceptable.
9. Fish must be caught from the tournament waters of Joe Pool Lake that are not designated as "Off limits" and must be caught with a rod and reel, artificial lures only..
10. Safety: Any boat may be used if it meets all state and local requirements. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD) must be worn anytime the combustion engine is in operation. If a boat is equipped with an emergency shut-off switch, it must be securely attached to the driver's PFD when the combustion engine is in operation.
11. Contestants in boats should not come closer than 100 feet of any boat, unless they are invited by the occupants of the other boat.
12. Tournament times may be changed or the tournament may be cancelled if any unsafe conditions develop, as determined by the Tournament Director.
13. Tournament officials or sponsors will not be held liable for any claims of injury, accident, damage, lost or stolen property incurred in connection with this event.
14. The Grand Prairie Police Association has the right to publish photographs, video and voice recordings taken by Tournament Officials, staff, sponsors, affiliates or volunteers.

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 04/29/16 12:57 PM

I think the weather is gonna be decent for tomorrow fishing tournament so I hope all can make it out!

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 04/29/16 06:46 PM

Good luck to all fishing, wish I could make it fishing should be good if weather holds out.
Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 05/01/16 12:52 AM

Great time. Was worried about the weather but turned out great. Nice job GPPA
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 05/01/16 01:46 AM

What'd it take to win?
Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Brother Blue Bass Tournament - 05/01/16 09:22 PM

I honestly forgot. Something like 12lbs?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum