Texas Fishing Forum

Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek

Posted By: Jeff Gilbert

Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/19/15 06:20 PM

LIMITED TO FIRST 120 TEAMS, DEPOSITS BY NOV 1ST!!!!

The event of the year is back at Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle in Hurst, and you can be a part of it! This Dec 12th & 13th will be the return of Texas' first ever combination Texas Hold Em Poker tournament at our Hurst dealership, and the Bass Tournament on Squaw Creek. If you were a contestant either of the last 2 years than you know just how great the poker, dinner, and silent auction was on Saturday. Right now we already have 51 teams returning including last years Overall Aggregate winners Theron Caldwell & Brandon Dickenson $3,700, Bass Tourney Winners Brent Lee and Chris Stewart $4,800, and Poker winners Rick Poteet and Nolan Allred $4,800!
More importantly we raised over $7,000 for the Hood County Children's Advocacy Center that we support with the Hood Co. Sheriffs Department. The HCCAC is a special group of people who provide counseling and stability for abused children and we have raised in excess of $40,000 in the 5 years we partnered up with the Hood Co. Sheriffs Dept. Fun-n-Sun was the first to put on a tournament on Squaw Creek before the lake opened after 911. A lot of you guys were some of the first to jump in and help that first year and both the HCCAC and team Fun-n-Sun are humbled by what you did.
Come join us as our great FNS mechanics and Elite Fleet crew prepare a true Texas size dinner on Saturday, complete with free beer, cold drinks and professional poker dealers. We will also have many silent auction items to bid on throughout the day, plus an exclusive 15% off almost all of our fully stocked tackle department!

2015 Fun-n-Sun Fish-n-Chips Tournament

It will be a Texas Hold Em Poker Tournament at our FNS Hurst location at 2:00 Sat 12th. We will provide dinner(including free beer!) for everyone to eat- plus other activities for anyone hanging around to watch their partners mad poker skills. The bass tournament will be on a CLOSED PRIVATE Squaw Creek for just the anglers of the FNS Fish portion of the event.

IMPORTANT: ALL DEPOSITS OF $200 MUST BE PAID BY NOV 1ST OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST. ALL FINAL PAYMENT MUST BE PAID BY DEC 1ST, OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST. MAIL CHECKS OR COME BY AT: (credit card will be charged 3% so the charity will not have to)
Fun-n-Sun Charities
320 W.Hurst Blvd
Hurst Texas 76053
\
Here's the basics of how it will work:

The first 120 teams to commit are in, (up from 100 last 3 years). Based on a full field, payout will be:

100 teams @$400 each = $48,000

10% donated to Hood Co Child Advocacy Center, in accordance with the Hood Co. Sheriffs Dept.= $4,800

10% to cover expenses = $4,800 (any money left over from cost will be added to the Charitable contribution)
$38,400 to be paid out as follows:

SAT NIGHT HOLD EM TOURN(at Fun-n-Sun Boats in Hurst) SUN BASS TOURN (at Squaw Creek)

Main Table Payout $15,000......... Squaw Creek Payout $15,000
1st $6,000 ...............................1st $6,000
2nd $2,700 ...............................2nd $2,700
3rd $1,300 ...............................3rd $1,300
4th $1,000 ...............................4th $1,000
5th $900 ...............................5th $900
6th $800 ...............................6th $800
7th $700 ...............................7th $700
8th $600 ...............................8th $600
9th $500 ...............................9th $500
10th $400 ...............................10th $400
Bubble$100 ...............................Big B $100

Aggregate Bonus Payout $8,400 (combined average of your finishes)

1st $3,000
2nd $1,800
3rd $800
4th $600
5th $500
6th $450
7th $400
8th $350
9th $300
10th $200

POKER TOURNAMENT PORTION

Each team will have only one player play for their team. However, if both members want to play, then they can switch off each blind level and play the same chip stack until they are eliminated. Blinds and levels will be aggressive, as to keep the tournament in an adequate time frame for everyone to play, eat and be home in time to get plenty of rest for the fishing portion on Sunday. Approximate times will be 2:30-8:00. I will provide 12 tables and 12 professional dealers with a tournament manager for Hold em. We will provide food and beer for all contestants, including the non poker playing team members who come to watch. Registration will be done at Fun-n-Sun on Saturday for everything including weight slips, waivers, lake rules, take off time, etc.
THE POKER TOURNAMENT WILL START AT 2:30 SHARP, SO PLEASE BE AT THE HURST STORE BY 1:30-1:45 TO REGISTER. EACH PERSON WILL HAVE ONE OPTIONAL REBUY OF $40 FOR 5,000 CHIPS; OR AN ADD-ON AFTER ROUND 4 (BREAK FOR DINNER) OF $40 FOR 5,000 CHIPS. AFTER THE DINNER BREAK, IT WILL BE A FREEZE OUT TOURNAMENT.
Poker prize monies will be paid out that evening.

5 FISH FISHING TOURNAMENT PORTION

Take off and weigh in will be at Squaw Creek and handled by Bass Champs in accordance to whatever they deem fit for this event. Bass tournament funds and Aggregate Overall prize monies will be paid at the lake immediately following weigh in. BOTH CONTESTANTS MUST FISH THE TOURNAMENT! This will prevent having a non fishing, card playing pro; only play cards while the angler fishes solo.
The Sheriff's Department and Fun-n-Sun will be serving food at weigh in.

The first 120 teams to commit are in, and I have 51 teams already committed. Please reply on here to save your spot, or call me or Misty at FNS 817-280-0303 or me on my cell if you have it. Once we get 120, we will start an alternate list in case of cancellations.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A LOT OF FUN, AND NO POKER SKILLS ARE NECESSARY! JUST LOTS OF FOOD, FUN AND FELLOWSHIP FOR A REALLY GREAT CAUSE!!!

Thank You to all our fishing friends, and supporters of what Fun-n-Sun does, and especially to Chad Potts and Jeff Welch of Bass Champs for professionally handling the weigh in.
God Bless and Good Fishing,
Jeff Gilbert

1.Arthur Tucker/Brandon Hollingshead
2.Keith Ivy/Rocky Epps
3.Monte Coon/Darrell Roach
4.Sean Connor/Jesse Ronquillo
5.Dennis Exum/Jason Greenfield
6.Austin Buck/Shawn Temple
7.Jeff Stevens/Brian Clark
8.Clint Freeman/Garrett Winford
9.Kevin Dritschler/Tim Brockway
10.Jason Riedel/Dan Herring
11.Byron & John Biondi
12.Mike Smithey/John Weaver
13.Danny Wims/Dustin Reneau
14.Jimmy Erwin/Chris Force
15.Barry & Krayton Kirkpatrick
16.Dee Trammell
17.Kenneth Fairley/Phil Warren
18.Theron Caldwell/Brandon Dickenson
19.Chris Nunelee/ Trent Meneese
20.Eric Elder/Tim Wilcoxson
21.Brent Lee/Chris Stewart
22.Darren Heavner/Ryan Cohlmeyer
23.Randy White/Clay White
24.Stetson Overton/Kyle Hall
25.Paul Bosco
26.Pete Hernandez/Richard Whooten
27.Scott Barnett/Shannon McCaleb
28.Ronny Hamby/Ed Blackburn
29.Lee Lavender/Brian Cope
30.Kelly Lancaster/Chris Sinki
31.Ronald Sisk/Sonny Fuller
32.Rick Newton/David Welcher
33.Terry Bollom/Matt McMillan
34.James McCaleb/Wesley Schoon
35.James Cordell/Bobby Frey
36.Jay Shipe/ Jason Konklin
37.Donny & Danny Moore
38.Cody Elliott/Tim Stephens
39.Cody Foster/Randy Sullivan
40.Lennon Michell/Larry Macky
41.Kerry Lewis/Tim Stephens
42.Wes Cooper/Monte Reagan
43.Larry Wood/Wayne Brown
44.Billy Rowland/Walt Ward
45.Dustin Rodgers/Kyle Flanagan
46.Max Harader/John Rook
47.Chad Potts/Alan Shelton
48.Robert Bennett/Cody Cox
49.Charlie Credicott/Skeeter Solis
50.Neil Dempsey/Justin Prater
51.Chris Borden/Hugh Killman
52.Bill Wilcox/Roy Carlson
53.Paul Landers/Ronnie Peterson
54.Mark Biondi/Mark Biondi
55.John Miller/Dan Nguyen
56.Merle Halcomb/James Klinger
57.Brad Dunn/Charlie Fisher
58.Mike Murray/Donny Gossett
59.David Ford/Brad Fiman
60.Eric Chonko/Scott Clawson
61.Chris Michels/Justin Crites
62. Sherry & Robby Blair
63. Chance Mitchell/Tony Rogers
64.Troy Moncrief/Trey McAlpin
65.John & Grace Watts
66. Henry Friel/
67.Todd Guernsey/Mike Rice
68. Chad Hamm/Randal Scott
69.Cody Bird/Brashner
70.William Sutton/Jeremy Sutton
71 Robbie Austin /Rob Harris
72. Justin Keithly/Garrett Seabraves
73 Curt Culbertson/Brent Cantrell
74 Ryan Dempsey/Cody McCravey
75 Chris & Rebecca Wright
76 Gib Coats/John Harris
77.Henry Rucker/Brian Fox
78 Paul Jeffcoat/Billy Lail
79.Zack Kucish/Scott Smith
80.Mark Miller/Jeff Erwin
81.Charles Haught/Mitch Jones
82.Wes Brownlee/Gordon Jeffries
83.Kyle Williams/Justin Seaton
84.Andy Sallee/Mark Child
85.Kyle White/Cole Massey
86.Tom Kressley/Jonathon Davis
87Linus Worley/Mike Vasquez
88.Kye Martin/EK Watts
89. GeradeTelesko/Adam Resendez
90.Derek Wessles/Trey Good
91.Steve Lynam/ Khris Rollins
92.Steve Raettig and Mark Yates
93.Kyle Shirley/Ty Brown
94.Kit Getchel
95.Tarik Roque/Chris Fayson
96. Scott & Tish Sprayberry
97. Billy Cline/Chris McClain
98James Noah/Tim Kisor
Posted By: B Lee

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/19/15 06:49 PM

Awesome I can't wait... Hey better add Chris Stewart to my team since I get heavy after 11...lol
Posted By: Tony_Wornick

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/19/15 07:29 PM

Anyone need a partner for this?
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/20/15 02:30 PM

My partner and I are in, John Miller/Dan Nguyen

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/20/15 05:25 PM

Looks like a awesome start to the list... Come on let's feel this up...
The money that is raised goes to help the abused children of Hood & Somervell Counties.
Bless each of you for your support

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/20/15 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: UTDmiller
Originally Posted By: UTDmiller

Thanks! Please call Misty and give her your cell #' for correspondence with me.
Fun-n-Sun 817-280-0303. (Or text me if you have mine)

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/22/15 01:47 PM

Come on guys let's fill this up.... Such a great cause to help these children
Posted By: Clay Shipe

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/22/15 03:44 PM

Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/23/15 02:07 AM

Gonna be an awesome tournament I can't wait I agree with Brent lets fill it up!!!
Posted By: rwhite

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/23/15 02:57 PM

This is a great event Jeff, Monty and the basschamps crew really do a outstanding job !!!!!! lets fill it up.
Posted By: Brad Dunn

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/24/15 04:13 AM

Add Brad Dunn/Charles Fisher to the list. Most fun tournament of the year! Let's get it filled up!
Posted By: c.michels

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/25/15 11:39 PM

Add Chris Michels/Justin Crites to the list!

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/26/15 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: c.michels
Add Chris Michels/Justin Crites to the list!

Gotcha, but please call Fun-n-Sun and give Misty your cell # for texting.
Thanks

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/26/15 03:20 PM

come on guys we have a long way to go to fill this up....
It is so much fun plus we are helping the kids in Hood & Somerville Counties.....

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/26/15 11:24 PM

Guys my son in law Dustin works for KEG 1 O'NEAL out of Mineral Wells and they are donating the beer for poker night. That is so awesome because that add's a lot of money to the charity.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/27/15 02:05 AM

Anything helps this great cause

Please tell him thanks
Posted By: Dee Trammell

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/30/15 02:24 AM

tell him thanks Bob and hope to see you soon

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 10/30/15 02:49 PM

Friday Bump

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/02/15 01:37 PM

Monday Bump
Posted By: z7x374

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/02/15 05:41 PM

When is the remainder of entry fee due? Can we pay at the poker night?

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/02/15 06:16 PM

I heard December 1st
Originally Posted By: z7x374
Posted By: LunkersTV

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/02/15 07:51 PM

We will be fishing in it
Posted By: JAY SHIPE

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/02/15 08:53 PM

I really look forward to this every year. FUN N SUN does a great job putting this together!!
Posted By: Brad Dunn

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/03/15 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: z7x374

Balance due Dec 1

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/04/15 03:04 PM

Still have open spots... Let's fill it up
Posted By: Randy921

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/05/15 03:13 AM

Randy Sitz and Stacy Twiggs
Will call tomorrow

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/05/15 06:29 PM

Awesome... welcome to the party
Posted By: SWAC

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/08/15 09:26 PM

Would like to see you guys have a separate division for those non-poker playing anglers.
Posted By: Kooch

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/09/15 11:54 PM

Are there anymore spots available?

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/10/15 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Randy921
Will call tomorrow

Gotcha on the list. Call Misti tomorrow with your cell# and deposit, thanks

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/10/15 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Kooch
Are there anymore spots available?

Yes. List is at the top of the page.

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/10/15 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: SWAC
Would like to see you guys have a separate division for those non-poker playing anglers.

I get that, but then its just a regular bass tournament, and there are plenty of those now. Everyone else is doing those and we wish them luck and even support them.

I like to think outside the box I guess, and mixing Poker with it, this is definitely that. We have more fun and great teams than anything we've done. It's not for everybody, but for the 100 plus teams we get every year, they will tell you it's at the top of their list.
I suggest finding a Poker player and partner up. Only one team member has to play.
Posted By: Raettig

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/10/15 01:06 AM

Are you still accepting teams ?
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/10/15 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Raettig
Are you still accepting teams ?

Yes there are still a few spots open! This is the event I look forward to the most every year! A very good time that goes to a very good cause.
Posted By: Paul Jeffcoat

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/10/15 03:14 AM

Put Paul Jeffcoat and Billy Lail on the list! Will call tomorrow for payment and information.

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/10/15 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul Jeffcoat
Put Paul Jeffcoat and Billy Lail on the list! Will call tomorrow for payment and information.

Gotcha down. You should get a discount for putting up with Billy all day! roflmao

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/10/15 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Gilbert

Gotcha down. You should get a discount for putting up with Billy all day! roflmao

Exactly!
Posted By: REAL ESTATE MAN

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/10/15 05:19 PM

Kirkpatrick Team is in. Will call shortly to pay up.
Barry and Krayton Kirkpatrick

Looking forward to a great time!

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/11/15 06:22 PM

ttt
Posted By: myleshamm

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/14/15 10:47 PM

I'm copying and pasting this post I just made in bassfishing:
poker player looking for a partner
I've participated in the fish n chips tournament the last two years but my buddy isn't able to come out this year.
I used to fish junior federation tournaments in high school and I play poker part time while attending Texas State. Finished 8th in the fish n chips 2 years ago and just had a nice cash at The World Series of Poker circuit event earlier this year: http://www.wsop.com/players/playerProfile.asp?playerID=196166

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/18/15 12:24 AM

We need 20 more to get the 100. Come on

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/19/15 06:25 PM

Still have some spots to fill...........
Posted By: Kewlit

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/20/15 12:14 AM

Would be great to be a backseat for someone at this tourney......1/2 tourney fee plus gas money......call or text 817-597-6416 anytime.....except for tomorrow 11/20.....fishing at Squaw.....Thanks Kelly

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/20/15 03:29 PM

Let's go guys lets fill this tournament up it's for a great cause and it's gonna be a blast as always!!!

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/25/15 12:14 PM

Wow we are getting close and we still have spots to fill....
Hope everyone has a awesome Thanksgiving.

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/25/15 11:53 PM

Will we still need to make reservations even if the lake is only open for this event?

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/26/15 12:41 AM

Will we still need to make reservations even if the lake is only open for this event?

No need to make a reservation it's blocked out for that day so you can't make one anyway.

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/26/15 03:26 PM

That's what I thought... Entry fee is paid and ready to have FUN!

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 11/30/15 12:19 PM

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
2 weeks away and still have spots open.....

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/01/15 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Randy921
Will call tomorrow

Can you guys contact me or Misty at Fun-n-Sun? Or if anyone knows either of these two guys please tell them to call fun n sun we have not received your payment.

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/03/15 03:25 PM

Thurs Bump

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/04/15 02:13 PM

OK every one I'm heading to Weatherford to pick up the beer for the poker next Sat. I want to give a big shout out to KEG 1 O'Neal for donating the beer.
Posted By: Raettig

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/06/15 10:16 PM

Looking for partner my boat 210 Champion you will be the card player.
Pay your half entry fee nothing else.
Found partner thanks.
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/07/15 01:17 AM

Jeff can you look into our payment please sir? My partner went by last week and paid in full.

Dustin Rodgers / Kyle Flanagan

Payment was done in person at the tackle counter and our names are not on the list yet.

Thank you.

We tried to pm but your box was full.
Posted By: borntofish1

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/07/15 02:54 AM

Can I fish this solo? Price? I can play hold'em. Is it mandated that I play?
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/07/15 03:09 AM

$400. Don't have to play but why not try to make some $$$?
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/08/15 04:32 PM

Misty I sent you a PM with Tom and Jonathan's contact info.
Thanks
Jonathan

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/09/15 08:11 PM

Well we are getting close to the 100 mark.....
Look forward seeing everyone
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/09/15 08:35 PM

Dropped off the 2nd half of the entry today to Linus, so were good to go.

Looking forward to the tackle sales they are having Saturday before the poker.

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/09/15 10:54 PM

Hello all, and congrats and thank you on being a part of this year's Fun-n-Sun Fish & Chips tournament benefiting The abused & neglected children of Hood Co.(HCCAC). If you're a contestant in the event then here is some info that you need to know, along with a limited time VIP 20% discount (or cost) on all tackle for your generous contribution!

Practice days are Fri & Sat.
Poker register is Sat from 11:30-1:45 with Hold em promptly at 2:00. Both contestants do not have to be present, but one has to be there and play poker. WE WOULD LOVE BOTH PARTNERS TO COME ENJOY THE FOOD, BEER, GAMES & Huge DISCOUNTS!! We will go over all rules for poker at 1:45; and the fishing rules for Sunday during the free dinner (aprox 5:30).
We will collect launch fees of $20 CASH at the store.
Get to the store early, and FNS will give all contestants 20% off (or cost) of all tackle , rods, reels and even outboard oil- from 9-noon. After noon it will be 15% all day to everyone.
We will have flipping and Corn hole contest for prizes for all the contestants from 11:00-to dinner, at a cost of $10 for 3 chances to play. Proceeds will go to Child Advocacy Center.
Please bring some extra CASH for 1 rebuy and add on, or to buy tickets.
Thank you again,
Jeff Gilbert

Also we need 4 more teams to have 100 and match payouts from last year. Please help me and reach out to someone you know and have them call me. As always, feel free to call my cell or text if you have questions.

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/12/15 04:19 PM

Good luck to everyone this weekend it's going to be a blast I'll see yall when I get off work at 5 save me a beer!!!
Posted By: FNSTackle

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/12/15 09:39 PM

Both registers where backed up until the poker started, with guys taking advantage of the 20% and 15% off at Tackle. Poker started here a few minutes ago, now things are serious!

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/14/15 01:06 PM

Congrats to all the winners.......

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/14/15 01:47 PM

Also wanted to know who it was that got their boat rear ended on 144 after the tournament?
Hope it didn't do too much damage to the boat
Posted By: Tommy Morton

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/14/15 02:25 PM

results???

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/14/15 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: B Lee
Also wanted to know who it was that got their boat rear ended on 144 after the tournament?
Hope it didn't do too much damage to the boat

Sherry & Robbie Blair. No one hurt, kid wasn't paying attention and became a Ranger suppository.

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/14/15 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Tommy Morton
results???

Give us time, we worked our butts off all weekend. Patience please

Wilcox won it.
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/14/15 03:11 PM

results???

Wilcox won it.

2 day hang over...
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/14/15 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: jignfish
results???

Wilcox won it.

2 day hang over...

The tournament was just yesterday. I think the poker tournament was saturday.
Posted By: Monte Reagan

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/15/15 03:29 PM

Thanks to all the contestants for supporting such is great cause. We can't wait until next year!!!!!

Posted By: TeamBlair

Re: Dec 12 & 13 is Fun-n-Sun Boats & Tackle's much anticipated FISH & CHIPS Event! Holdem at Hurst/Bass Tourney on Squaw Creek - 12/16/15 03:30 AM

As Jeff said, that would of been us! Just pulled through the intersection and traffic completely stopped dead. I looked in the side mirror and told Robby I hope they stop Oh they aren't stopping and Bam!!! Kid jumped out saying it was his fault! woot He was waving at his friend as he came through the light! He got the citation. Unfortunately the boat will be needing some repairs and the kids car totaled. Praise God everyone was okay, a little farther over and the prop would have been in his face. Very lucky guy!

Fun-n-Sun we will see you after the police report comes in.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum