Texas Fishing Forum

BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31-June 28 tournament will be moved due to high water to PK

Posted By: TBT

BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31-June 28 tournament will be moved due to high water to PK - 05/21/15 09:26 PM

This is an edited post as of Sunday June 21.Our website will be updated Monday June 22.

* The Ray Roberts May 31-June 28 tournament, that combined our Sherman, West Texas and Ft. Worth BLT divisions, will have to be moved off of Ray Roberts on June 28. The West Texas, Ft. Worth and Sherman Divisions will be combined at Possum Kingdom on June 28. We will be at the D&D south ramp.

This will be the final West Texas and Ft. Worth division 5th tournament and the 4th Sherman division tournament.

The 5th and final Sherman division is still scheduled for Ray Roberts may on July 19. If Ray Roberts is still closed the week before July 19 we will move the July 19 Sherman division tournament to a nearby lake that is open and keep the same date of July

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. All Ramps on Ray Roberts are currently closed due to high water. It is possible the lake may not reopen for 3-4 more weeks.

Thank you for your support,

USAFT staff
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 05/21/15 09:55 PM

Thank you, so is there just the one tournament for the 28 that is already on the schedule or is there still 2 tournaments?

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 05/21/15 11:20 PM

Skeeter man zx225

The Sherman division will still have one more tournament on Ray Roberts. The June 28 tournament will be the final tournament for the Ft. Worth and West Texas divisions. These two divisions will be combined with the Ray Roberts tournament that was already on the schedule for the Sherman division.

We will schedule the final Ray Roberts tournament for the Sherman division after the June 28 date.

Thanks for asking.

USAFT staff

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 05/22/15 11:53 AM

Thank you for the clarification

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/18/15 12:08 PM

Dang-it, here we go again, just when the lake was dropping it has come up 1.6 feet overnight and still rising, no ramps are open except that I heard that you might could put in at the marina repair ramp?? We are 2 weeks out and it does not look as if the ramps will be open? Sorry not a rant just wanting to see early updates if possible to keep on top of when we get to fish. good luck

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/18/15 12:14 PM

We will keep you posted.

Thanks,

USAFT staff
Posted By: ez_4_u00

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/18/15 10:43 PM

At what point will you keep us posted, some of us are trying to plan other trips and these dates do factor in. Two weeks ago you were going to let us know two weeks out well it's that time. What's the plan?

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/18/15 11:46 PM

EZ_4uOO

The Ray Roberts Marina, as of today, has closed the Ray Roberts Marina ramp due to high water levels flooding the ramps. The Marina called us today.

We had rescheduled the last two tournaments on Ray Roberts for June 28 and July 19.

* June 28 would have been for the West Texas (5th tournament), Ft Worth (5th tournament) and Sherman (4th tournament) divisions. This has been posted on our website for the last 3 weeks.
* July 19 would have been for the 5th Sherman division tournament.

As of today, we will have to reschedule the June 28 tournament due to the Ray Roberts ramps being flooded.

Here is the plan that we are trying to implement:

The July 18 Ray Roberts tournament for the Sherman division will stay on the same date and on Ray Roberts.

We are considering two options for the June 28 Ray Roberts tournament:
1) We could move it to Possum Kingdom and keep the same date of June 28 for the Ft. Worth, Sherman and West Texas Divisions or
2) We could move the date to August 16 and stay on Ray Roberts.

We will be contacting anglers this weekend to get input from those who fish with us. There is little chance of us making everyone happy with either decision but we will do our best to find a solution that works for most of the anglers.

This weather has created some very difficult situations for everyone.

We are sorry for the delays. We will post our decision on the www.usafishingtrails.com website Sunday night and on the TFF.

Thank you for your patience,

USAFT staff

Posted By: Glassangler

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/18/15 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: ez_4_u00
At what point will you keep us posted, some of us are trying to plan other trips and these dates do factor in. Two weeks ago you were going to let us know two weeks out well it's that time. What's the plan?

Wow!! Give them a break. Like they can control mother nature. There will be no tournaments on Roberts until the fall, maybe late August and by then it's so hot who wants to fish all day. You can figure about a 2" drop per day. Do the math and that puts it at normal pool in 66 days and that's if it doesn't rain any more...... SO plan your other trips
Posted By: BrianFox

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/19/15 12:42 AM

Yeah give them a break they can't control mother nature WOW

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/19/15 01:05 AM

Hey guys the BLT staff is doing a good job, this unforeseen weather has affected a lot of clubs and their scheduling for this season its not an easy task to plan one of these and not have it conflict with other larger clubs too add to that they are running more than one circuit. So I agree give them a break. With that said I would like my 2 cents put in (keep it on Roberts please) thank you
Posted By: get-bit

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/19/15 01:10 AM

I hate to see August tourneys. Too much stress on the fish. At least that time of the year the fishing will suck and not near as many will be brought to the scales.

What a mess this has been for everyone.
Posted By: ZZ-Lures

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/19/15 12:55 PM

August 15th & 16th is Kings of Cowtown
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/19/15 02:00 PM

Please remember that June 27th is the Solo tournament on Cedar Creek so if you schedule a BLT team tournament for the same day on PK you will be hurting your anglers that fish both trails. I don't mind fishing PK but it would be unfair to make a short notice change to a lake that hasn't even been in the mix. Some of us haven't been on PK in years. Just my opinion and I am one of the anglers that fish both the Solo and team trails. The sooner the decision can be made the better for, so we can make plans.

I know it is tough this year and I don't envy you guys trying to organize all of these changes. I'll keep an eye on the schedule to see what is up.
Posted By: bccougar

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/19/15 03:27 PM

looks like either way you are going to cause a schedule conflict. put it on PK and get it over with, otherwise you may not get a chance later. who knows how much more rain may occur.
Posted By: cd

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/19/15 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: get-bit
I hate to see August tourneys. Too much stress on the fish. At least that time of the year the fishing will suck and not near as many will be brought to the scales.

What a mess this has been for everyone.

Yep not a good thing.
Posted By: 9094

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/20/15 01:31 AM

I vote for PK on the 28th.
Or you know that both ramps at Hubbard Creek are good to go.
Posted By: Richard Jorge

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/20/15 07:52 PM

I vote PK on the 28th as well

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/21/15 02:54 AM

Please see the updated edited information on my original post.

We are moving the June 28 Ray Roberts tournament for the West Texas, Ft. Worth and Sherman division to Possum Kingdom on June 28 out of South D&D ramp.

Thanks,

USAFT staff

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/22/15 12:46 AM

Ttt

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/22/15 11:11 AM

This will change the ball game, PK is a fun lake.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/22/15 07:33 PM

I might show up to donate. If
I can make it thru all cob webs on my boat.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: BLT -- Ray Roberts May 31 tournament will be rescheduled due to high water - 06/22/15 09:52 PM

Thanks for the update. Gonna make it tough on us guys fishing the team and solo but I'll see you there.

Have a great week.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum