Texas Fishing Forum

JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma

Posted By: J C Outdoors

JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 11/24/14 07:20 PM

2014 was overall the best tournament season J C Outdoors has ever had and Diane and I are looking forward to the 2015 Tournament Season. We will continue with the same lakes and formats as last season giving the anglers many options for affordable tournament competition.

Diane and I both hope you will plan on being a part of it.

2015 Lake Fork Spring Teams
$110 Entry Includes BB with optional $50 side pot option.
1. March 14, 2015 Double Points Season Opener
2. April 4, 2015
3. May 2, 2015
4. May 30, 2015
5. June 6, 2015
6. July 25, 2015 Double Points Final Qualifier
Championship September 12, 2015

2015 Lake Fork Solo Series
$100 Entry includes BB $50 optional side pot option.
1. February 22, 2015 Double Points Season Opener
2. March 8, 2015
3. April 26, 2015
4. May 24, 2015
5. June 28, 2015
6. July 19, 2015 Double Points Final Qualifier
Championship September 13, 2015

2015 Lake Texoma Spring Teams
$120 Entry Includes BB Largemouth and BB Smallmouth $50 Optional Sidepot
1. March 15, 2015 Double Points Season Opener
2. April 12, 2015
3. May 17, 2015
4. May 31, 2015
5. June 14, 2015
6. July 12, 2015 Double Points Final Qualifier
Two Day Championship September 19-20, 2015

2015 Lake Tyler Spring Teams
$130 Team Entry Includes BB
1. February 21, 2015 Double Points Season Opener
2. March 21, 2015
3. April 25, 2015
4. May 16, 2015
5. June 13, 2015 Double Points Final Qualifier
Two Day Championship October 3-4, 2015

Posted By: Randy Parks

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 11/24/14 08:56 PM

I look forward to fishing the Tyler trail again this year. I retired my old partner and hopefully get a better one. I am trying to stay away from those Northern California partners now...(LOL).
Posted By: Hookset Brother- Martin

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 11/24/14 09:20 PM

The Hookset Brothers look forward to fishing quite a few Lake Tyler and Fork Tournaments this coming spring! If you have never fished a JC Outdoors event you don't know what your missing folks! Very well organized and well ran! Fishing is the mission and Jesus gets us from the ramp and back!
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 11/25/14 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By: FlukeMan68
I look forward to fishing the Tyler trail again this year. I retired my old partner and hopefully get a better one. I am trying to stay away from those Northern California partners now...(LOL).

You're not fishing with Kyle?

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 11/25/14 06:35 PM

No more Kyle. He is moving up the TTT with Mike due to the fact the championship is on Palestine. So I am left over fodder for him. But that is OK, I will have fun with a new partner (whoever that turns out to be).
Posted By: Rick61

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 11/26/14 02:05 PM

I was going to fish the Fork tournaments, but have heard about all the "Van Dam" Sticks that fish it and now the HookSet Brothers are coming in, heard a man would have to bring in at least one over each tournament!!! NOW I AM SCARED TO FISH IT!!!!!

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 12/03/14 06:54 AM

TTT
Posted By: Old Man Skeeter

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 12/06/14 12:12 AM

The Lake Tyler tournament on May 16th should be fun. Their is a High School tournament on May 16th & 17th and there will be around 200 teams fishing.

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 12/06/14 01:06 AM

The more the merrier. The schedule is out.

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 12/10/14 04:50 AM

I have talked with some of the parties involved with the High School event and advised them of the dangers of putting that many boats on such a small body of water. I have been on 5000 acre Martin Creek Lake when there was 150 boats and it was crowded but still safe. You can add about 50 pleasure/ski boats and personal watercraft to the mix by noon.
With 5.68 times the surface acres I think Palestine would have been a much better choice both in safety and opportunity to bag some good fish for the young anglers. Tyler does not fish well since the grass was removed and will be a disappointment to most of the anglers IMHO.
Wishing the HS teams safety and good fishing.

Surface Acres
Lake Palestine 25,560

Lake Tyler 2,224
East Lake Tyler 2,276
Combined 4500 acres

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 12/26/14 05:14 PM

TTT
Posted By: Tom Mayne Guide Service

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 12/29/14 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Fast Lane

Back in 1999 to around 2001 Lake Tyler would draw 100 boats pretty often. ETBA had 173 one year. I assure you that 200 will be crowded. May is probably the best time to have it IMO. Should be a lot of fish caught.

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 12/29/14 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom Mayne Guide Service

Back in 1999 to around 2001 Lake Tyler would draw 100 boats pretty often. ETBA had 173 one year. I assure you that 200 will be crowded. May is probably the best time to have it IMO. Should be a lot of fish caught.

I wish the ETBA Open wasn't on the same day as the JC tournament this year.
Posted By: Tom Mayne Guide Service

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 12/31/14 02:39 AM

That is your lucky day you should double up!

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/01/15 03:25 AM

That is your lucky day you should double up!

I wish it was my lucky day..lol.. It will be the day I donate in two tournaments instead of just one..lol
Posted By: Nutman

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/01/15 03:27 PM

where are the FORK tournaments going to be HQ'd ?
with the lake so low and dropping,,,,,, what will be the ramp site ?
Posted By: BCBPuma

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/03/15 02:11 AM

Can anyone fish the team tournaments solo? My church schedule will not allow me to fish on Sundays but I don't have a partner yet....

Thanks

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/03/15 04:16 AM

All Fork tournaments will be hosted out of the Minnow Bucket Marina with registration the morning of the event inside the restaurant and live-well checks conducted in the parking lots. All Fork events are trailering events with a start time which is the leave the ramp time for that day with all fishing ceasing at 3:00pm and giving you until 3:30pm to be checked in at the Minnow Bucket on the water pavilion. After check in you will have up until 3:45pm to be in line with your fish.

You can fish the team events Solo if you choose as well DDChamp 188.

Looking forward to the 2015 season.

Be Blessed
Mark Howard
Posted By: Neches

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/03/15 03:42 PM

Does the Tyler Team series still have a membership?

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/03/15 06:34 PM

Yes $30 per angler membership good for all spring series events on Lakes Tyler, Fork.

Come join us!

Mark Howard
Posted By: Big Worm78

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/03/15 07:10 PM

Are you still doing your weekly summer tournaments at fork as well? Was looking forward to this again.

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/03/15 07:24 PM

I am not sure if I will be running them or someone else but I am sure there will be a Thursday nighter out of Pope's.
Posted By: Champion 2005

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/05/15 10:13 PM

How much is membership and what ramp is the host ramp at Fork

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/06/15 06:59 PM

$30 Membership per angler and all events out of The Minnow Bucket Marina with registration in the newly remodeled cafe and livewells checked the morning of the event on the parking lot. Trailering is allowed after livewell check.

Hope you will join us.
Posted By: O da Pines

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/07/15 03:08 AM

If I could find me a ringer I might fish Tyler.
Posted By: Slueth

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/07/15 10:58 PM

Hey Mark. Just confirmed with my partner. We are a go for fork teams again this year. I just can't think of a better place to donate my money. Look forward to seeing you again in march.
Posted By: Tim Haugh

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/09/15 02:29 AM

Yes, Lake Tyler will be cozy with all of the high school teams, but, we had 86 teams on Monticello last year, most fishing north of the bridge, with no issues.

Mark did have a discussion with one of our board members about Lake Tyler, before he released the his schedule, and still chose to have the JC Outdoors tournament the same day. No biggie, just be prepared for a full lake and a very full Lake Tyler Marina parking lot! As we have already worked everything out with the new marina owners to have our weigh-in there.

And no, IMHO, Lake Palestine is not safer than Lake Tyler. Way too many under the surface stumps ready to ruin someone's day. Bigger, yes. Safer, no way. And as far as Lake Tyler not fishing well anymore since the grass was removed, I guess I'm puzzled at that. If it doesn't fish well anymore than why have a 4 tournament schedule and a double points qualifier on that lake? I've never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but am I missing something there?

Plus, we have two different divisions (East and West) and we strive to not have the Championship on a lake in which one division has already fished on their schedule in order to make it fair for both divisions. The East Division fished Palestine, so that option was out. Also, we really did not have a choice on which weekend to fish, with Mother's Day and graduation (something no other trails really have to consider). And, we have to be able to find a place big enough to have our awards banquet, so we locked down Whitehouse High School for our Friday night boat safety check and our Saturday night banquet and awards presentation program.

So, as you can see, there are several more factors that go into putting on a high school tournament this time of the year. Next year, we will switch back to a lake in the West Division (we flip flop every year to keep it fair), so this will be a mute point for the tournaments in this area.

I guess what I am saying is that the THSBA will not be moving their high school event for that weekend. If everyone is respectful of each other, things will be just fine. Cozy, but fine.
Posted By: O da Pines

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/09/15 03:25 AM

Can I weight in Sandys at tyler?

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/09/15 05:14 AM

I wonder if Eric Leuschner and the rest of the Henderson crew is going to Fish these tournaments on Tyler this year? It's almost time for me to put 30lbs on you Henderson boy's..lol:). Mark...This post alone should increase the participation this year..lol

Here is me at the weigh in with my "30" shirt on celebrating...hahaha.. [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QFrsR9NByc4#t=13[/video]

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/09/15 09:56 PM

Yea, we will make it work for everybody that day. It is no big deal!

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/12/15 05:12 PM

TTT

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/13/15 05:13 PM

Bump

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/21/15 07:51 AM

TTT

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/26/15 05:10 PM

I guess I better start practicing before long. I have not been on any lake since September or October.

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/26/15 07:30 PM

I was there a week ago and discovered you have not been missing anything.
Posted By: nitro06

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/27/15 04:42 PM

Lake is not like it use to be but fish are biting but ppl will find out real quick how small that lake is when there are 200+ on the lake

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/28/15 05:44 AM

No big deal.. there's usually 200 Ski Boats on the lake on Saturdays and Sundays in May. That's just normal..lol

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/29/15 01:11 AM

Big difference when u have 400+ baites than just boats riding around but I'm not going to find out BC I'm staying off the lake that weekend

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/30/15 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: nitro06
Big difference when u have 400+ baites than just boats riding around but I'm not going to find out BC I'm staying off the lake that weekend

Don't be skeered.. Get out there on em..lol

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/30/15 06:27 AM

Honestly that circuit is not a challenge

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/30/15 07:50 PM

Which circuit?

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 01/30/15 09:09 PM

Those sound like fighting words.....

popcorn
Posted By: Tim Haugh

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/01/15 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: nitro06
Honestly that circuit is not a challenge

I'm sure he is talking about the high school circuit. We have a lot of very good, up and coming anglers within the THSBA, as evidenced by the 30 lbs + sack it took to win last years' championship on Ray Hubbard. And that was for one day, as the 2nd day got cancelled by ice storms. I don't know a whole lot of adult teams that have had a 30 lb sack in a tournament. Do not be shocked if you see some nice weights brought in by these students!

If there was high school fishing when we were in school, all of those not happy with the large amount of teams that will be on Tyler that weekend are the same folks who would have been involved back when they were in high school. Instead of knocking the competition, be glad that there are a whole lot of folks willing to volunteer their time to get these students on the water. As I was told by a friend of mine last night who is a DPS officer, programs like these make it to where he doesn't see the kids later!!!

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/04/15 05:13 PM

TTT

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/05/15 06:27 PM

I'm not knocking them but JC should of changed theirs and trust me they won't get 30 lbs one day their anymore maybe two day total now

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/05/15 07:25 PM

We had the 2014 JC schedule out last year before every other trail and people still scheduled on top of us. So I wouldnt change it for anybody now. Does not bother me if 400 boats are on the lake.
Posted By: Tony Maynard

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/07/15 04:32 PM

Mark can I pay membership fees at ramp on morning of first tournament and what time will it start Feb 21 on Tyler. I've got a partner now and was lucky enough all the tournaments fall on my days off with my oilfield schedule. I am ready for this and hope I can cash a few checks and not just be a donater.

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/08/15 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: etex driller
Mark can I pay membership fees at ramp on morning of first tournament and what time will it start Feb 21 on Tyler. I've got a partner now and was lucky enough all the tournaments fall on my days off with my oilfield schedule. I am ready for this and hope I can cash a few checks and not just be a donater.

Tony it Starts 6:30am. You can pay the membership at the ramp.
Posted By: Tony Maynard

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/08/15 02:20 AM

Sounds good Robert hope you are ready to do a little donating this year. LOL See ya there.

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/08/15 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: etex driller
Sounds good Robert hope you are ready to do a little donating this year. LOL See ya there.

I am pretty good at donating. I have lots of practice..lol.
Posted By: papamark

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/09/15 01:23 AM

Rick Poteet and I will be there teaching the Hookset Brothers a lesson

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/09/15 03:14 AM

Funny how old guys like to talk so much smack. well us young up and coming bass junkies like to talk with our rods so ill be the respectful young man and leave it at that! good luck fellas, just make sure u take ur tylenol or motrin it will be a long day for yall.

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/14/15 03:16 AM

Bump

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/17/15 01:53 AM

Lake Tyler Spring Teams 2/21/2015 and Lake Fork Solo Series 2/22/2015 kick off this weekend.

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 02/20/15 05:29 AM

looking forward to saturday and enjoying the great weather the lord send out way!

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/09/15 03:26 PM

Coming up this Saturday and Sunday.

Lake Fork Spring Teams Double Points Season Opener March 14, 2015

Lake Texoma Spring Teams Double Points Season Opener March 15, 2015

Come join us.

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/17/15 11:23 PM

Bump
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/18/15 12:28 PM

Any fork team results anywhere yet?
Posted By: Chris B

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/19/15 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: crankbait745
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/20/15 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris B
Originally Posted By: crankbait745

1+
Posted By: Semi Pro

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/20/15 05:18 PM

Does anyone know what time first cast is for lake tyler March 21st??
Posted By: Lance Eitel

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/20/15 06:15 PM

7:00am
Posted By: Semi Pro

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/20/15 07:18 PM

Thanks Lance
Posted By: HooksetBrother - Adam

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/20/15 09:58 PM

Calling for a inch of rain yay.....

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/21/15 12:48 AM

cant wait for this one! see yall in the morning

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/21/15 01:03 AM

Thunderstorms with 2.5 to 5" of Rain is what Ketk weather said. Suppose to rain until Sunday.
Posted By: HooksetBrother - Adam

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 03/21/15 03:09 AM

Well that doesn't sound fun at all. Bass are already wet so what do they care but I'm not down for that kind of weather. Lol I'm sure someone will find them feeding but Tyler sure gets muddy quick and it's still muddy from the last huge down pours that flooded everything.

Re: JC Outdoors 2015 Spring Tournament Schedule for Lakes Fork-Tyler-Texoma - 05/12/15 11:46 PM

2015 Lake Tyler Spring Teams
$130 Team Entry Includes BB
1. February 21, 2015 Double Points Season Opener
2. March 21, 2015
3. April 25, 2015
4. May 16, 2015
5. June 13, 2015 Double Points Final Qualifier
Two Day Championship October 3-4, 2015
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum