Texas Fishing Forum

CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE

Posted By: Scott Gordon

CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 09/25/18 09:34 PM

9TH ANNUAL CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE TOURNAMENT DETAILS!

REGISTRATION / ANGLER CHECK-IN

Registration and angler check-in will open at 5am at Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine. All anglers/teams will be allowed to proceed to the lake after registering and launch. First cast will be at 7am and last cast will be at 2pm. All anglers/teams will then proceed directly to “Cabela’s” in Fort Worth and must be in line no later than 3pm!

DATE: SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH

WHERE: LAKE GRAPEVINE

OFF SITE WEIGH-IN: CABELAS - FORT WORTH (STAGE WILL BE LOCATED IN THE LAWN NEXT TO THE POND)

ENTRY: $150 PER BOAT (INCLUDES BIG BASS)

FORMAT: CHARITY OPEN (TEAM/SOLO)

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 09/26/18 09:05 PM

ttt
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 09/27/18 01:25 AM

Going to be a fun event
Posted By: bullwinkle

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 09/27/18 01:38 AM

Should be some good weights this year!
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 09/28/18 12:58 PM

Is Johnny M keeping the bass?

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 09/28/18 03:13 PM

We have live-release tank! All bass will be returned to Grapevine
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 09/28/18 11:11 PM

Beautiful!
Posted By: bmatthews35

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/01/18 03:03 AM

Will see you all there
Posted By: Zach Z

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/01/18 03:34 PM

See y’all out there Sunday!

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/01/18 05:38 PM

THIS SUNDAY!!!!

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/02/18 04:35 PM

We've got some great items for our raffle after the tournament this Sunday.
Cabela's 20 Oz. Tumblers, Bluewater Cyber lights, HUK shirts, Babe's Boat Care kits, Cabela's tackle bag, Cabela's gift cards, custom Fish For Life rod, a $200.00 Fun-N-Sun tackle gift certificate and a Mustang life vest.
Be sure to get you some tickets for a chance to win!
Thanks to HUK, Babe's Boat Care Products, Shamrock Rod Services, Fun-N-Sun Boat Sales, Wade Middleton/CarecoTV, and Bluewater Lights for your generosity.

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/03/18 07:50 PM

THIS SUNDAY!!!!
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/04/18 03:13 AM

How are the new regulations going to work? Since a team deal, will we be able to keep 4 under 18 inches?

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/04/18 03:23 PM

Kris, the regulations are “per boat”, not angler

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/04/18 04:53 PM

Good deal! Looking forward to it!
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/04/18 05:50 PM

Please measure your fish prior to leaving the lake. All fish will be checked at weigh-in. We will have our board out at registration if you want to compare yours to the official one.
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/05/18 08:22 PM

ttt

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/06/18 02:10 PM

Is everybody ready?? smile

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/06/18 07:45 PM

GAME TIME!!!!

I will be set up in the parking lot across from the “Tracker Loop”, registration will open at 5:00am!
Posted By: Paul Jeffcoat

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/09/18 02:19 AM

Hey Scott... can you post the results? My Grandson was curious what place we finished? You can send me a message...

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/10/18 08:54 PM

I'm also pretty curious about the results. And how many boats?
Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/10/18 09:43 PM

I agree Id like to know the results of the lake tournament, but also how the outcome of the money raising went for the charity, kids fishing, etc...

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/11/18 12:16 AM

I had to leave town immediately following the event and will post an update as soon as I can.

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/12/18 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: 89javelin100
I agree Id like to know the results of the lake tournament, but also how the outcome of the money raising went for the charity, kids fishing, etc...

I don't have the results but as Scott stated, he'll get them up as soon as he can. There was a total of 17 teams fishing the tournament on Grapevine.
On the free kids fishing event, approximately 20 kids participated on Sunday. The big fish was a 3+ pound catfish. Same young man got 2nd place big fish also. We gave a $100.00 Cabela's gift card for 1st and a University of Texas Longhorn football for second. Ken Hyde with Fishing's Future donated the football.
Approximately $200.00 of raffle tickets were sold. As usual the kiddos had a blast! Total raised was less than last year but we are thankful to those who supported us again, we appreciate your generosity. These dollars will be added to the money raised at our fundraiser on October 21st at the Longhorn Saloon and then donated to Cook Children's.
Thanks to all!
Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/13/18 02:34 PM

Thats awesome for the kids! I hope more comes of it next year if y'all have it! Thanks for posting the info!

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/13/18 03:54 PM

You're welcome. Yep, it's always been and will always be about the kiddos!
Our hospital visit the day before the bass tournament along with the kids fishing event are real special to us. We will make a follow-up post when we deliver the boat load of teddy bears and present the check to Cook Children's.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/14/18 09:59 AM

24+ for 1st Shultz/Ziober
14+ for 2nd Not sure who
10+ for 3rd Bryant/Parker
7+ for 4th Fulton/Donahue
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: CARA YOUNG FISH-FOR-LIFE EVENT DETAILS! SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH - GRAPEVINE LAKE - 10/15/18 12:48 AM

Zach Sypert was 2nd. He usually guides me out there for a 6 pack of Miller light.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum