Texas Fishing Forum

Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts Rescheduled for April 28th

Posted By: Darryl Roach

Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts Rescheduled for April 28th - 04/03/18 11:29 AM

NOTICE: Due to expected high winds on Saturday, Team Trail Outdoors staff has made the decision to re-schedule the Ray Roberts event for April 28th. We apologize for any inconvenience but feel this decision is in the best interest for everyone’s safety. We hope this decision was made early enough to save Anglers the expenses from travel, practice, motel, etc.

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/05/18 11:33 AM

TTT

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/08/18 11:32 PM

We will have early registration Friday from 5pm-7pm at Lake Ray Roberts Marina. You can draw boat numbers at registration.
Posted By: Glassangler

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/09/18 09:14 PM

Wish we could get a break on these cold fronts. Looks like another strong north wind tournament day.

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/09/18 11:51 PM

Notice: if the wind forecast is over 25, we will move the tournament to Sunday. Be sure to check back here or TTO Facebook page Thursday evening.
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/10/18 01:02 AM

I like the way you think. Thanks!
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/10/18 02:58 AM

Great call... Usually on that lake if it calls 15-25 it means 40. They called for 15-25 last Saturday and It was prob 30 sustained with a recorded gust to 48 mph. We really want to fish but not in anything like last weekend.
Posted By: wtdii

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/10/18 03:06 AM

what if its suppose to blow on sunday? will we trailer
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/10/18 04:16 PM

Supposed to be high winds both days. Could just trailer like Champs did and keep it Saturday.
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/10/18 06:41 PM

20-30 SAT gusts to 40 // 15-25 SUN gusts to 30 ... either way we will fish it, but the field will be cut drastically if stays SAT and forecast holds
Posted By: jigcommander

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/11/18 12:23 AM

Just registered , will check on Thursday if it moved to Sunday, if not
see you Saturday for a number!
Posted By: bmatthews35

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/11/18 02:40 AM

40 plus gust Sat. I’m out lol.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/11/18 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By: mrm4545
20-30 SAT gusts to 40 // 15-25 SUN gusts to 30 ... either way we will fish it, but the field will be cut drastically if stays SAT and forecast holds

Im not sure why the field would be drastically cut over 10 mph wind difference. Its going to blow both days. At this point I'd either keep in Saturday and trailer or reschedule. You'd probably get more boats Saturday than Sunday even with the wind.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/11/18 05:38 PM

Channel 5 forecast this morning said, 15 to 20 Saturday, and 5 to 15 Sunday. National weather forecast shows, 22 mph during the day with gust to 31 mph (Forecastweather.gov)
Posted By: buda13

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/11/18 08:45 PM

Every site has something different... Weather Underground is calling for 20-30 with gusts of 40 Saturday and 15-25 Sunday. NOAA is calling for 15-20 Saturday with gusts of 30 and the exact same 15-20 with gusts of 30 Sunday. Hard to argue with NOAA. If thats the case and winds will be virtually the same both days I'd rather fish Saturday before the water temps drop 10 degrees.
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/11/18 09:09 PM

PLEASE dont move it to Sunday...I have a flight at 6am Sunday and will have to miss it if it moves.
Posted By: Glassangler

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/11/18 09:42 PM

Front comes in Friday night. Wind blows all day Saturday. Wind will lay on Sunday. Classic spring time front Might be tougher bite on Sunday, but much more pleasant to be on the water. Or reschedule. They are on their nest anyway. Haha

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/11/18 09:58 PM

fish
just another NTX spring, nothing new
Posted By: Joefishin

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/12/18 02:52 AM

See y'all on the 28th cheers
Posted By: WKPhoenix

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/12/18 12:47 PM

Your killing me... rescheduling based on the weather forecast? How often are they right? And even if they are I fished Champs last Saturday and it was a hell of a lot worse then what they are forecasting for this weekend!!! And why would you move to the same day as TTZ at Cedar Creek?? Just my morning rant...Thanks
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/12/18 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Joefishin
See y'all on the 28th cheers

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/12/18 01:58 PM

Not what we were hoping to hear......
Posted By: jbjcf44

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/12/18 03:36 PM

I am disappointed that you rescheduled due to what might happen with the weather, I fish tournaments and know that I take a risk of having to get out when the weather is not perfect, we all know what we sign up for. I also know that I am not going to do anything that might get me or my partner hurt, if I had to idle to my spots I am willing to do that. I have spent time away from my family, work and doing other things I have to do to get ready for this tournament and for nothing. last weekend on the bass champs tournament it was blowing hard and I talked to a game warden on sunday and they said they never had to launch a boat for a water rescue, and that is with 200+ teams on the lake. I know you have to be concerned with safety but I feel that the people that put in time on the water to have a shot at this tournament, that spent time and money got screwed and now we have to do it all again, not to mention the fact that this might interfere with other schedules. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to spend time for nothing, I will seriously reconsider what trails I fish next year.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/12/18 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: jbjcf44
I am disappointed that you rescheduled due to what might happen with the weather, I fish tournaments and know that I take a risk of having to get out when the weather is not perfect, we all know what we sign up for. I also know that I am not going to do anything that might get me or my partner hurt, if I had to idle to my spots I am willing to do that. I have spent time away from my family, work and doing other things I have to do to get ready for this tournament and for nothing. last weekend on the bass champs tournament it was blowing hard and I talked to a game warden on sunday and they said they never had to launch a boat for a water rescue, and that is with 200+ teams on the lake. I know you have to be concerned with safety but I feel that the people that put in time on the water to have a shot at this tournament, that spent time and money got screwed and now we have to do it all again, not to mention the fact that this might interfere with other schedules. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to spend time for nothing, I will seriously reconsider what trails I fish next year.
Thats a bad way to look at it, I spent 4 days on the lake to prepare, am I upset not at all it's a call that no director wants to be put in the spot light. Just means I get to spend more days on the lake to prepare more. You think the Elites say there going to look into FLW because they cancel a day, no they don't. There is plenty of trails around here that have cancelled a day and rescheduled TTO is one of the best trails around locally and is growing by the year. They are just looking out for the saftey of everyone.
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/12/18 05:45 PM

OH boo hoo. If you check Bass Champs results I bet you find Darryl's name in there. This isn't his first rodeo.

Good call Darryl. See y'all in a couple weeks.
Posted By: DSpurg

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/12/18 06:28 PM

A am 100% on board with TTO moving this tournament for the safety reasons Donnie has outlined. Not only is he using common sense, there are financial repercussions that have to be considered. Yes - we have all fished in windy conditions, we have all fished in extremely dangerous environments as it pertains to weather. One, if not both of these guys running TTO were probably fishing in that same tournament you were in - when the wind was blowing 30 out of the north or that tournament when lightening was popping all around you. Donnie and Darryl are both very experienced fisherman and are looking out for our best interests. And for those guys that practiced and spent money on gas - you were probably going fishing anyway - and now you get an extra two days of practice if you so desire.
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/12/18 08:12 PM

Just FYI.....You may want to change the TTO webpage schedule, it doesnt reflect the change and not everyone logs onto the TFF for info.

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/12/18 10:01 PM

Website company has been notified and should show the change in the morning.

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/12/18 11:19 PM

28th it is
Posted By: wtdii

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/13/18 05:08 AM

man its good and bad that the tournament was changed. but safety is comes first.
Posted By: 203 CHAMP

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/13/18 12:30 PM

Well I guess you can't please them all!!!!

Good call on moving the date. Safety first
Posted By: WKPhoenix

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/13/18 02:36 PM

The reschedule date is what I don’t understand? Why put it on the same date as TTZ Cedar Creek? For those of us that fish both trails it poses a huge problem! Not to mention there were several other open weekends with no tournaments in the metroplex. I understand the safety concerns but the weather tomorrow is just going to be a normal spring day in North Texas!!
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/13/18 03:00 PM

I think it's a good call.
Posted By: Vince Repola

Re: Team Trail Outdoors Lake Ray Roberts April 14th - 04/13/18 05:43 PM

I will respond with this. Last weekend it was luck that no water rescue was needed. I was not there but Darryl was as well as many of my friends. They all said the same thing “it should have been canceled”. I can assure you that you are in the minority of the people that want to launch a boat that day. Think back to January when we all sent prayers and hoped that the FLW angler Nick would be found alive after be thrown from the boat in high winds. We don’t drive big boats. 21’ is not big when waves get big driven by high winds. Great call Darryl and Donnie!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum