Texas Fishing Forum

Hurricane Harvey Rockport Port Aransas and Surrounding Areas

Posted By: texasflycaster

Hurricane Harvey Rockport Port Aransas and Surrounding Areas - 10/09/17 07:03 PM

I returned from the Texas Gulf Coast last week and am still trying to figure out how I can do something that matters - via my skills - to help down there. Thinking about a non-profit book / fundraising through clubs or something to be more directly helpful to those still down there roughing it out in unbelievable destruction - or at least bring more attention to the problems there.

Here are a few photographs I gleaned from the story I was doing on Clyde's ride from Houston to Rockport - Port Aransas. I am certainly wanting to do more than contribute to Red Cross, and would love the opportunity to take a few minutes of any regularly scheduled club meeting's time to show-and-tell members (or anyone anywhere for that matter) what I saw, and how Hurricane Harvey has impacted the socioeconomic scene in that area.

Also included in photographs are some shots of slides that were on screen at a Dallas Federal Reserve luncheon I photographed the day after returning from Rockport - Port Aransas last week. I believe their projections for recovery are a bit "rosy" to say the least.

PICTURE HEAVY POST TO SAY THE LEAST

Streets are mostly cleared with huge dump trucks running constantly.

Clyde on the streets.

Boat storage. Actual structure is more than twice as big as shown here.

Running the bay last week with www.lightandfly.com and www.kenjofly.com

Redfish. Still on. Still Strong. October starting to kick in.

Dallas Federal Reserve.

Dallas Federal Reserve.

Dallas Federal Reserve.

Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Hurricane Harvey Rockport Port Aransas and Surrounding Areas - 10/12/17 02:25 PM

Hmmmm ... ideas anyone? Bueller ... Bueller ... Bueller
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum