Texas Fishing Forum

Colorado rio grande

Posted By: sowhntr

Colorado rio grande - 09/03/17 04:42 AM

Just got back from creede Colorado. Beautiful place. Long time hunting forum member.
I am new to fly fishing. I did it in broken bow and Yellowstone for a few days very uncessfully. But enjoyed it. I caught this in two miles south of the rio grande reaiovior, the guy I meet at camp told me one day I will appreciate the catch more, after years of fly fishing. He said only 5% of the fish in this stretch of the river is rainbows. The fight lasted 10 min fish pulled drag the entire time. It was such a blast. More pics to come.
Posted By: Jaustin

Re: Colorado rio grande - 09/03/17 07:28 PM

That's a nice rainbow!
Posted By: ezduzit

Re: Colorado rio grande - 09/04/17 05:51 PM

Really nice fish! Congrats man. Fly fishing gets more and more fun with each outing
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Colorado rio grande - 09/05/17 01:41 PM

Nice bow. Creede is a beautiful place
Posted By: YAKnIT

Re: Colorado rio grande - 09/12/17 01:28 AM

Nice fish! That's quite the coincidence, as I just got back from that area and fished that exact same stretch of water on Thursday. I didn't catch a single rainbow in 5 days of fishing around there, but did catch a nice mix of browns and cutthroats. I hooked a nice brown, maybe 16", in that stretch and barely managed to land it with 5X tippet and my 5 weight. Anything lighter and I'm sure it would have broke me off.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Colorado rio grande - 09/12/17 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: ezduzit
Really nice fish! Congrats man. Fly fishing gets more and more fun with each outing

And more and more expensive! bolt
Posted By: RonL

Re: Colorado rio grande - 09/12/17 04:28 PM

Congratulations ! Nice fish !
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Colorado rio grande - 09/12/17 10:29 PM

very nice!!!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Colorado rio grande - 09/12/17 11:23 PM

Nice fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: keebranch

Re: Colorado rio grande - 09/13/17 03:18 PM

memories are built from fighting fish like these- way to go.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum