Texas Fishing Forum

Tonight is the night

Posted By: TioPick

Tonight is the night - 03/30/17 09:53 PM

Well almost. Every joke has been told so many times that we just give them numbers but I am so excited I am reminded of the Professor at the beginning of a Sociology class and he was doing a survey as to how often the people in the class had sex. There was a show of hands for X per week and X per month etc and there was one man who had not yet raised his hand. When the Prof thought he had covered the possibilities that one man was waving his hand excitedly. The Prof asked him and he said once a year so the Prof asked why he was so excited. He replied because tonight is the night. I have not been fishing in much too long of a time but this coming Monday is the day. It has been a long and convoluted story including my truck died (I had to drive my backhoe into town for Church one Sunday. So finally I have my gear together and transportation and the tide right and low wind forecast and I AM GOING.

It is about 50 miles or a little more out to Boca Chica and then 4 or 5 up to the south jetty for Port Isabel / South Padre Island and I can fish the jetty or work my way back west along the ship channel and where the Boca Chica South Bay meets the Brownsville ship channel. Generally folks think of the area between Port Isabel and S. Padre as the south bay but there is another south of that... Much like the fact that The Valley is south of South Texas. Flounder and Specs and Red Fish are supposed to be moving back in from the Gulf. To be truthful, even if I don't catch anything. I am excited to be going out and scouting and getting the lay of things. I have even found a partner in crime to go with me. I intend to introduce him to fly fishing but this afternoon I started tying a few jig heads for him to try throwing out there... The opening joke does not begin to reflect my excitement. smile

Actually the third one has been laying around feeling left out much like my Billy Gibbons version of a Wooley Bugger which I will take as well. Well, I will probably take almost everything I have. I even have a rod that has never been cast... Life is Good
Posted By: FWBanger

Re: Tonight is the night - 03/30/17 10:49 PM

Hope you wear them out. I'll be working.....
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Tonight is the night - 03/31/17 03:23 AM

I'll be watching this thread for updates. I too will be working.
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Tonight is the night - 03/31/17 03:50 AM

Let me get this straight. You drove a backhoe to church? I am from the Valley. I know it's flat and straight, but ...
I gotta' meet this guy.
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Tonight is the night - 03/31/17 01:14 PM

I really enjoyed that report, just as excited for you that you are going fishing, don't forget the follow up.
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Tonight is the night - 03/31/17 05:19 PM

Tight lines! Looking forward to hearing more.

I see nothing wrong with driving a backhoe to church...a small dozer would be better for me,but who cares.
Posted By: TioPick

Re: Tonight is the night - 04/02/17 01:26 AM

I live about 2 miles N of Mercedes, It is not like I was driving all the way across McAllen. With the PU dead I have had to drive it from Mile 9 to Mile 3 and then east 1& 1/2 miles to the Hydraulic repair place. My yuppie daughter in law in CA said "If that ain't country...."
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum