Texas Fishing Forum

Stupid Bass Pond

Posted By: j_hirn2

Stupid Bass Pond - 02/24/17 01:26 AM

I've found a pond where the bass always seem to be hungry. I call it the stupid Bass pond because they are so easy to fool. Everyone seems to catch fish. I got out of work early the last couple of days and stopped by on the way home. I wasn't having much luck until I put on a bugger with dumbbell eyes that imitates a crawdad.
I drug it through shallow water and came up with these.

The bass were all between 12 - 15". It was pretty windy and the dumbbell eyes made it hard for me to cast, but the fish didn't seem to mind. I also caught a few smaller ones.
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: Stupid Bass Pond - 02/24/17 01:36 AM

Looks like a good time. Wind and dumbbell eye combo generally puts a few knots on my noggin.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Stupid Bass Pond - 02/24/17 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Turf Dawg
Looks like a good time. Wind and dumbbell eye combo generally puts a few knots on my noggin.
lmbo turf dawg chunk and duck lol. Nice bass!
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Stupid Bass Pond - 02/24/17 02:19 AM

I like your wading boots crazy and your fish good catch.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Stupid Bass Pond - 02/24/17 02:58 AM

Enjoy em while the bite is good! hooked

Re: Stupid Bass Pond - 02/24/17 04:21 AM

I konked myself with a #2 beadhead woolly bugger once. Saw a couple of stars and it was daylight. And it wasn't even a windy day.

Re: Stupid Bass Pond - 02/24/17 04:29 AM

Somehow my shoes seem to almost always make it into the picture.

I've got a 5 year old pair of topsiders that I've pretty much worn out. Most comfortable pair of shoes I've owned. My wife bought me a new pair for Christmas. I've been using the old ones for my fishing shoes. Today I forgot to put them in the car and had to be careful not to get the new ones wet or muddy.
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Stupid Bass Pond - 02/25/17 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing

Good advise there. Stupid bass can become very smart bass, very quickly in a pond.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Stupid Bass Pond - 02/25/17 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Meadowlark
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing

Good advise there. Stupid bass can become very smart bass, very quickly in a pond.

Yep.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum