Texas Fishing Forum

Mystery Fly LMF

Posted By: Turf Dawg

Mystery Fly LMF - 02/24/17 01:03 AM

Just wondering if anyone else is fishing the LMF Mystery Fly Tournament Saturday?

I'm headed over tomorrow morning so if you see a person that is bigger around than tall and ugly as sin say hello, my name is Bill.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 02/24/17 02:04 AM

Haha really wish they would throw one of these on a Sunday so I could make it. Good luck out there turf interested in the fly that gets drawn.
Posted By: Golfer Jeff

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 02/24/17 06:38 PM

Woodruff is doing the flies I think. My money is on a march Brown wet.
Posted By: Zip-ur-Fly

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 02/25/17 12:50 AM

Good luck. Hope you catch the river on the right "swing". banana

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 02/25/17 11:57 AM

Had me a change of plans. They still had that Fish Pond net in the fly shop I have been wanting, so I got to thinking, $120 for the tournament or $160 for a new net. Well, I'm still fishing this morning but not in the tournament. The new net works great. Longer handle for this fat boy and large deep net makes a big difference.

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 02/25/17 05:51 PM

Sounds like a good decision what was the fly for the day?

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 02/26/17 03:41 AM

March Brown wet. I think a size 16

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 02/27/17 06:37 AM

With this weather probably a great pattern for the event.

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 02/28/17 02:00 AM

Hey turf did you see the results?

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 02/28/17 02:14 AM

I think the winner had 32 points and the runner up had 13 or something close to that. I think they said the winner had several multi point fish caught in the Hickory hole area. The second place winner had a better time that afternoon past the swim hole bridge. He turned me on to streamer fishing with a fly he ties. He gave me a couple and I had a blast after he left. THANKS PHIL!!!!!

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 02/28/17 03:31 AM

Sweet sounds like a good day!
Posted By: ChisholmTrailOutfitters

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 03/01/17 03:53 AM

Yeah I would have chosen a different fly..... but had fun anyways. The fish are stacked but a little lock jawed, LOTS OF FISHING PRESSURE LAST WEEKEND.
Posted By: split cane rod

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 03/01/17 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Turf Dawg
I think the winner had 32 points and the runner up had 13 or something close to that. I think they said the winner had several multi point fish caught in the Hickory hole area. The second place winner had a better time that afternoon past the swim hole bridge. He turned me on to streamer fishing with a fly he ties. He gave me a couple and I had a blast after he left. THANKS PHIL!!!!!

Welcome to Deena fever, Bill. I'm thinking the gentleman named Phil is from Marshall, TX?

I fished LMF about six weeks ago with a brown version of the Deena and caught a ton of fish! Great pattern in the LMF as well as the Little Red in Heber Springs, AR.

JR

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 03/01/17 04:06 PM

Yes sir that is him. I am so glad you named the fly. I thought he told me it was called a demon fly. He was going to text me the materials list but now I can look it up.

Thank you, Bill
Posted By: split cane rod

Re: Mystery Fly LMF - 03/01/17 07:04 PM

Phil is a great guy and a phenomenal fly tyer. He is a dedicated fly fisherman, too! He gets there early, stays all day, and he can catch fish when everyone else is trying to figure out what they're doing wrong.

I do put a little more weight on mine, and I mix up colors. PM me your phone number, and I'll shoot you some photos & recipes.

JR
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum