Texas Fishing Forum

Well took out my 4wt for a little consolation fishing after getting neglected on the Sabine.

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Well took out my 4wt for a little consolation fishing after getting neglected on the Sabine. - 02/14/17 04:20 AM

Made a quick run to a beautiful stretch of river after work today. Only had a short time but managed several crappie and 8-10 sandbass. Hope the rod feels better but didn't catch much more than fry on the Sabine lol. Oh well was a great way to end the day. Was spectacular watching the front come in with a stunning sunset owls hooting and cyotes waking the pack and getting organized for the night hunt. So hard to believe it is right in our back yard. Fished an hour and can't imagine a better way to end the day. The afternoon bite has been better by far but it really shuts down quick when the sun gets behind the trees.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Well took out my 4wt for a little consolation fishing after getting neglected on the Sabine. - 02/14/17 04:51 AM

Nice fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Well took out my 4wt for a little consolation fishing after getting neglected on the Sabine. - 02/14/17 10:26 AM

Great fighting fish on a 4wt.
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Well took out my 4wt for a little consolation fishing after getting neglected on the Sabine. - 02/14/17 12:29 PM

Nice Pics Robert!!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Well took out my 4wt for a little consolation fishing after getting neglected on the Sabine. - 02/14/17 03:01 PM

Nice fish.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Well took out my 4wt for a little consolation fishing after getting neglected on the Sabine. - 02/14/17 04:44 PM

Yea those will still double over the four wt. for sure. Would have rather had my three but havnt rigged it back up after breaking off this weekend.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum