Texas Fishing Forum

Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th

Posted By: Trout Bum

Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 01/31/17 02:19 AM

Fly Fest in Fort Worth. March 11th. So many things to do.

check out the events here
https://www.facebook.com/events/993905864089319/

and here
http://trwdflyfest.com/
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 01/31/17 03:30 AM

I will be working but plan on stopping by at some point as it is five minutes from work. but as few fly fishing events we have in DFW too bad several were on the same weekend. I'm sure to see some familiar faces out there.
Posted By: Catfish676

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/05/17 09:13 PM

Shoot - during Spring Break.
Posted By: boater71

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/07/17 02:01 PM

I'll be there
Posted By: captaincam3

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/07/17 04:03 PM

Does everyone use the same rod during casting competition, and or what are the spec limits if so?

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/09/17 12:31 AM

yes everyone will use the same rod

keeps it fair. rods will most likely be a TFO BVK 7 weight

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/09/17 12:56 AM

Posted By: lil minner

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/09/17 04:40 AM

Sounds fun.
Posted By: Mitt78

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/17/17 09:42 PM

They put the sign up in the park today

Posted By: keebranch

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/19/17 02:44 PM

all
If you're interested in local creek fishing, I'll be making the first presentation out of the box at 10 am.

Also come by the Reel Recovery booth to meet some of the folks supporting our efforts to sned cancer survivors to free retreats here in Texas.
www.reelrecovery.org
Posted By: Flying Fox

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/21/17 03:54 AM

same date with the other fly fishing show in plano??
Posted By: riograndecutt

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/21/17 08:17 PM

...and the same date as Flyfish Texas in Athens. Also, Ft. Worth and Dallas Flyfishing clubs are having their auctions a couple days apart. Coordination efforts in Texas are spot-on!
Posted By: keebranch

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/21/17 11:01 PM

Rio

The Ft Worth and Dallas clubs were not involved in the planning of Fly Fish Texas, the Plano event nor Fly Fest. FlyFish Texas is organized by Texas Parks & Wildlife and the Fresh Water Fisheries with the help of East Texas clubs. Both Dallas and Fort Worth clubs provide volunteers only. The Plano event is being staged by Beau Beasley, who makes a living putting on shows like this. He is the person behind the Virginia Fly fishing and wine festival. Fort Worth club is not involved at this event. The FlyFest in Fort Worth was started last year by the Trinity River Vision and Tarrant County Water District. They approached the Ft. Worth club about providing volunteers and presenters, which we did and will do again. We told them about the conflicts you mentioned, but it was not in our control.

The bigger picture is that every weekend throughout the year there are events and auctions which conflict with one another- it has been difficult at best balance out schedules. And Yes on Saturday April 29 you can join the FWFF and bid on items or head to the Dallas club on Monday May 1 to support their efforts. The choice is yours...

Les

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/22/17 02:43 PM

and its a good one!!!! i'll be there too chatting about fishing the Trinity, an amazing, overlooked, right in our backyard fishery

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 02/23/17 12:45 AM

super excited about the BIG weekend. never before have this many been exposed to fly fishing, and gives all the choice of where and when to go. yes its a challenge, but one we can conquer. Going to be awesome
Posted By: winchester44

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 03/11/17 01:06 AM

Tomorrow is going to a great event if last year was anything to go by.
Here's a great video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJWifmrYsrI

Just a reminder Fort Worth FlyFest is 100% free admission as are the presentations.
http://trwdflyfest.com/

Hope to make it up to Plano on Sunday too!

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 03/11/17 05:15 AM

Well stopping by briefly on my lunch. But any interested feel free to stop by the chicken E on the service road before the mall on your way out and grab a bite to eat and say hi.
Posted By: fshng84

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 03/12/17 12:17 AM

Great time at TRWD Flyfest; still working the video. May take a little. Here is a quick update and pics! Great way to close the stocking season limiting out on Trout (15"-16" but did lose bigger one!) Today's Pictures.

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 03/12/17 05:33 AM

Trout bum missed you out there! Ment to send you a pm as I was on a strict time limit as I had to go back to work. Looked like a good turn out.
Posted By: j_hirn2

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 03/12/17 05:06 PM

I really enjoyed your presentation on fishing the Trinity. I was a little surprised with a handle like trout bum you would mainly be what seems a green trout enthusiast smirk

Of course there's not many streams/rivers in the DFW area with native populations of rainbows or brook trout. hammer
Posted By: fshng84

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 03/13/17 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: fshng84
Great time at TRWD Flyfest; still working the video. May take a little. Here is a quick update and pics! Great way to close the stocking season limiting out on Trout (15"-16" but did lose bigger one!) Today's Pictures.

Finished editing the video from Saturday. Saturday's Video.
Posted By: Golfer Jeff

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 03/13/17 02:20 PM

Hope to see these events on separate days in upcoming years. Due to location issues, I went to the closest but certainly wish I could have made it to this one.

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 03/21/17 02:14 AM

Robert, it was a great event. so well attended. many, many new folks to fly fishing. lots of scouts and kids. saw a lot of families as well. the trout derby was awesome, and went into overtime, an actual fish off!!! tiers were great, awesome presentations, and a fun day. lots of people casting. this was the BIG winner of the weekend event. best attended, and well done. celebrity fish off on Friday was a blast, too. bigger plans for next year. so glad to be a part of this event, and calling attention to the premiere urban fly fishing river!!!
Posted By: Brookie1

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 03/22/17 09:50 PM

I hear one of the events is going to move to a weekend, so I'm going to start my own to fill that space. That way people can still make choices between the most possible events and dilute the success of all of them singularly and collectively.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 03/22/17 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Brookie1
I hear one of the events is going to move to a weekend, so I'm going to start my own to fill that space. That way people can still make choices between the most possible events and dilute the success of all of them singularly and collectively.

hmmm
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Fly Fest in Fort Worth March 11th - 03/23/17 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Brookie1

There is much promise in this post, young grasshopper.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum