Texas Fishing Forum

Reds on the Fly

Posted By: RC Fisherman

Reds on the Fly - 12/28/16 11:31 AM

I'd like to catch some Reds, I'm told the winter months are best time for finding the big boys.
I'm looking for suggestions when, where and a good guide? How is the Galveston area? Is Venice worth the trip?
Posted By: FishyB

Re: Reds on the Fly - 12/28/16 01:51 PM

Winter is a great time for big reds. Most of your Galveston fishing guides have temporarily moved their operations to Louisiana until around March. Most guides are pretty well booked up by now but, you maybe able to slip in a day if you aren't too picky about dates. If you need a couple of names, let me know and I will send them to you.

Tight lines.
Posted By: JdDurango

Re: Reds on the Fly - 12/29/16 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: RC Fisherman
I'd like to catch some Reds, I'm told the winter months are best time for finding the big boys.
I'm looking for suggestions when, where and a good guide? How is the Galveston area? Is Venice worth the trip?

Yes, winter is the best time and the Louisiana marsh is the best option.

I'd call Capt. Ben Paschal with www.LagunaMadreOutfitters.com I fished with Ben a few weeks ago and we just killed it (again..went last year too).

Ben's a great guide and a Texan that is based in the Lower Laguna Madre and guides the LA marsh from Nov. to March/April.

Re: Reds on the Fly - 01/03/17 01:07 AM

Thanks guys
Looks like I'm heading to VeniceLa.

Re: Reds on the Fly - 01/03/17 01:09 AM

[i][/i]Thanks I'll check him out

Re: Reds on the Fly - 01/09/17 10:45 AM

[i][/i]Thanks I'll check him out
Posted By: HYBRID HUNTER

Re: Reds on the Fly - 01/10/17 03:28 AM

ive always heard - If you go to Venice you better take your son.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum