Texas Fishing Forum

Pond on Monday

Posted By: j_hirn2

Pond on Monday - 12/28/16 09:36 AM

I fish a lot at Southwest Nature Preserve. A lot of times I would see a guy fishing weightless soft plastics and catching a lot of bass. Gradually we went from maybe a wave to talking about what we had caught, to general fishing stuff.

He was generous enough to tell me about a pond in a park with a good number of bass. I had hit it a couple of times without much luck but it had always been muddy.

Monday I hit it again. I didn't catch any bass at first, but did get my first keeper size crappie on
a fly (11 1/2").

After awhile I saw the guy fishing another part of the pond with a small jerkbait and catching a few bass. He told me that he had good luck the day before at the spillway so I headed over to it and finally got into some bass.

I had promised my wife that I would be home by 3 so I decided to surprise her and actually get home on time for once. I cast my line 1 final time and started reeling in and this little guy jumped on my fly.

It was nice of Luis to fill me in on the pond so I clued him in on a pond in Grand Prairie where the bass are plentiful and stupid. Him and a friend of his are going to try it out Saturday. I hope they have some luck.
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Pond on Monday - 12/28/16 01:57 PM

Very nice report. Nice fish too especially the last one, my
favorite.
Posted By: RonL

Re: Pond on Monday - 12/28/16 02:50 PM

Congratulations , nice story and pictures .
Posted By: keebranch

Re: Pond on Monday - 12/28/16 06:30 PM

Nice job
Must say I never caught crappie there.

Les
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Pond on Monday - 12/28/16 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Linecaster
Very nice report. Nice fish too especially the last one, my
favorite.

X2
Posted By: banker-always fishing