Texas Fishing Forum

Blue River or LMF

Posted By: Zip-ur-Fly

Blue River or LMF - 12/11/16 08:35 PM

Blue River (never been) or LMF (been twice but not since the flood). According to Google Maps both of these places are equidistant from me in time and miles. Planning an weekday overnight trip this month. Which would you choose and why. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: Blue River or LMF - 12/12/16 01:32 AM

For me the answer would be easy. Same drive time and staying the night would definitely be LMF. I enjoy the Blue but it is much closer to me for a day trip because I do not want to camp anywhere that doesn't have water and electricity [a/c and heater a must].

I'm actually headed to the LMF tomorrow until Friday morning. I will probably hit the Blue once or twice this month for a weekday day trip.
Posted By: Golfer Jeff

Re: Blue River or LMF - 12/12/16 10:46 PM

LMF. Better water, more water, more fish. More lodging options too. Blue is a nice day trip as Turfdawg said, but just not the quality of LMF.
Posted By: RedFlyTX

Re: Blue River or LMF - 12/13/16 02:21 PM

Went out to the LMF last weekend and it's fishing great. There are several different types of water to fish so it's a great place to try out different techniques. Fun river.

Re: Blue River or LMF - 12/17/16 03:16 AM

Just got back and had a blast. Lost a couple of nice ones and I think one would have beat my 20" best. Caught tons of small stockers that fought great and were fun catching.
Posted By: Zip-ur-Fly

Re: Blue River or LMF - 12/17/16 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Turf Dawg
Just got back and had a blast. Lost a couple of nice ones and I think one would have beat my 20" best. Caught tons of small stockers that fought great and were fun catching.

Thanks for the post. Glad you did so well. Going to try it Wednesday and Thursday this week. Any area or technique produce better than another? I'm really a streamer guy. Can't see well enough to tie a fly on. roflmao

Re: Blue River or LMF - 12/17/16 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Zip-ur-Fly
Originally Posted By: Turf Dawg

Thanks for the post. Glad you did so well. Going to try it Wednesday and Thursday this week. Any area or technique produce better than another? I'm really a streamer guy. Can't see well enough to tie a fly on. roflmao

A bunch of mine were caught on a gray or olive size 20 RS2's on 6x tippet. I will send you a PM later.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum