Texas Fishing Forum

Stinky fun

Posted By: FWBanger

Stinky fun - 09/16/16 09:08 PM

I fished the Brazos below PK this morning and I smelled the water long before I saw it. It seemed as though they built the dam out of rotten eggs however the fish were definitely biting. I managed one LMB and around 30 stripers and sandies. I only kept one for dinner, "waste not, want not." Most of them were caught on a new super secret one of a kind fly that was hand-tied by a blind voodoo shaman in the dark jungle of Arizona. It took me two years to learn his language so I could translate the name of the fly into english. As best I can tell it is pronounced; olive wooly booger.
Posted By: Froghunter

Re: Stinky fun - 09/16/16 09:38 PM

Very well done! I was all proud of myself because I caught a perch in a detention pond during my lunch break. Now I'm sad and jealous!:). Wooly boogers are hard to beat.
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Stinky fun - 09/17/16 01:17 AM

Love catching stripers on the fly....nice going.
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Stinky fun - 09/17/16 01:45 AM

I've heard of this fly you speak of, from my elders. If memory serves me correctly, it was actually derived by a group of tribesmen on the Nunya River.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Stinky fun - 09/17/16 02:21 AM

Awesome post! cheers
Posted By: RonL

Re: Stinky fun - 09/17/16 03:37 AM

Congratulations , nice catch !
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Stinky fun - 09/17/16 06:55 AM

Rotfl popcorngreat fish that smell when it comes about over there is awful!!!! To say the least looks like it was worth fighting through. food(stripped fish not for me but to each his own) lot of buddies love them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum