Texas Fishing Forum

Urban fly fishing

Posted By: doctorliver

Urban fly fishing - 09/10/16 04:01 PM

Wanted to share this picture I took yesterday evening fishing Goforth Park yesterday evening. Although the fishing was slow last night, the view was nothing short of spectacular for an urban fishing lake! Small bream were at my feet, but not interested in my small foam spider.

Posted By: RonL

Re: Urban fly fishing - 09/10/16 04:38 PM

Pretty colors combined but hate to see the clouds frown . The front blew in last night with a lot or wind and just enough raining to make it miserable to get out any frown . Been having a lot of this for the last two weeks . Ready for nice days , clear skies and cooler weather and time to fish .
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Urban fly fishing - 09/10/16 04:46 PM

Great picture....beauty is where you find it.

Re: Urban fly fishing - 09/10/16 05:03 PM

Couldn't agree more. Bring on the cooler weather!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Urban fly fishing - 09/16/16 03:40 AM

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Urban fly fishing - 09/16/16 02:05 PM

Super picture.
Posted By: KurtActual

Re: Urban fly fishing - 09/19/16 12:16 PM

Hey Doc, I took my family out there this past weekend and saw someone fly fishing, was it you?!

I think I've decided to take the plunge and give Fly fishing a try.

Re: Urban fly fishing - 10/21/16 12:02 AM

I would probably venture to say that was me. I have not seen any other fly fisherman on this lake. With the sun setting earlier each day, might be tough to hit the water after work. Stop by and say hello if you catch me on the lake.
Posted By: KurtActual

Re: Urban fly fishing - 10/21/16 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: doctorliver
I would probably venture to say that was me. I have not seen any other fly fisherman on this lake. With the sun setting earlier each day, might be tough to hit the water after work. Stop by and say hello if you catch me on the lake.

Will do!

Hopefully I'll be the only other angler out there with a fly rod, I am hooked on this sport!
Posted By: fshng84

Re: Urban fly fishing - 10/23/16 06:40 AM

Very nice. Always surprising to see places like that in urban areas. Was out at LLELA last Saturday and yesterday fishing a Switch Rod. Missed a few and lost a few. Yesterday, had a bald eagle fly by... cool to see in the middle of the DFW Metroplex. Only got a distant video of it but was able to include it in Yesterday's Video.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum