Texas Fishing Forum

Redfish

Posted By: jpthrls909

Redfish - 09/05/16 04:45 AM

I was wondering if any of you could suggest the best time and area for some fall redfish on a fly action
Posted By: Charlie B

Re: Redfish - 09/06/16 10:17 PM

Venice Louisiana starting in late October for bull reds
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Redfish - 09/07/16 12:39 AM

Any coastal marsh in October or November.
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Redfish - 09/07/16 02:20 AM

The Sabine has been great for reds recently and there's Hackberry and Venice and Laguna Madre not to mention West Galveston Bay.
Posted By: Zip-ur-Fly

Re: Redfish - 09/07/16 10:29 PM

I've been considering going to Sabine/West Galveston the end of Sept. beginning of Oct. Anyone have any personal experience with a guide in the area? Would not mind meeting up with someone to share the guide costs. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: karstopo

Re: Redfish - 09/08/16 02:45 AM

October and November are prime months where I fish, but the fishing can be good just about anytime. How are you planning on going after them? Boat, skiff, kayak, wade, guided or self guided? If you have a way to get there, the lakes and flats around Greens and Cotton Bayou in West Matagorda bay offer some great sight casting opportunities. I try to get down there one weekend in October every year. But like someone else said, any coastal marsh should have some fish available during the Autumn. Some marshes are better in higher water conditions and some excel in lower water. Most of the marshes I fish require a kayak, airboat or poling skiff to get the most out of the water.
Posted By: Hawkpuppy 1

Re: Redfish - 09/12/16 04:42 PM

If you were going to be in say, POC in Oct or Nov, with a shallow water skiff, where would you go for fly rod reds?
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Redfish - 09/13/16 01:07 AM

The marshes and back lakes.
Posted By: j_hirn2

Re: Redfish - 09/14/16 02:05 AM

Hawkpuppy 1
I hear Pringle Lake in Espiritu Santo Bay is pretty good in fall for reds (and trout).
Posted By: 1Fisher77316

Re: Redfish - 09/15/16 02:49 AM

There are actually a large number of back water marshes and lakes in the same area as Pringle Lake and almost all of them have resident populations of redfish, and trout. September /October is awesome in POC.
:ons of great sight fishing opportunities.
Tight lines!
1Fisher77316
Posted By: TioPick

Re: Redfish - 09/28/16 11:45 PM

New old guy here, what is the word on the lower Luguna Madre? I used to fly fish for trout in the rockies but now gearing up to attack the Luguna Madre, just waiting for it to be a little cooler ... I live near Mercedes
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum