Texas Fishing Forum

Tournament Time!

Posted By: texasflycaster

Tournament Time! - 09/02/16 02:49 AM

Hey fly folks, there are two tournaments I know of that are upcoming. One is the carp tournament in Houston (already a post on that one), and the other is the Lydia Ann Fly Masters Tournament in Port Aransas, Texas. I have done the Lydia Ann twice, if memory serves, and it is a good event for kayakers and boaters, and walk-wading can actually be somewhat competitive with kayakers. Are there any more tournaments for fly? http://www.lydiaannflymasters.com
Posted By: 2FlyFish4

Re: Tournament Time! - 09/02/16 02:53 AM

i imagine if someone put a tournament together on ray roberts for carp it would have a really good turn out.
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Tournament Time! - 09/27/16 01:15 PM

Here are the results from last weekend's carp tournament - HOLY CARP! - in Houston. Sent to me by Danny Scarborough of www.houstonflyfishing.com.

Official standings on the 2016 Holy Carp! Fly Fishing Tournament

1st place- 70.25″

McLean Worsham

2nd place- 29.5″

Andrew Vrana

3rd place- 24″

Ben Huston

Longest gar- 17.5″ Alligator gar

Ben Huston

Congrats guys!

Big thanks to everyone who came out! Big thanks to Bayou City Angler for hosting us and sponsoring the event! And let’s not forget all our sponsors who made it all possible Bayou City Angler, MarshFly Rod’s, Sealevel Apparel, Diablo Paddle Sport’s, Post Fly Box, Scientific Angler, Howler Bros, Umpqua, and Texas Fly Geek!!!!

Can’t wait until next year guys!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum