Texas Fishing Forum

Linecaster not that I needed an excuse but I had to go figure out what the front did late this afternoon last-minute

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Linecaster not that I needed an excuse but I had to go figure out what the front did late this afternoon last-minute - 08/16/16 03:37 AM

With the first cool weather of the summer and the rain here in the metro I went past the front into bluebird skieS. It was odd in the manner that they wanted a different presentation about every five minutes. But if you stayed up with the changes there was a lot of action. Several of what we like to call rat stripers mixed in with a few goo and the countless Sandbass. I don't know if it's because it's summer and not early in the year during the run. But I don't ever remember as many Sandbass jumping thinking they are largemouth like I have this year. It could not of been a prettier day on the river with the clear skies behind the front and the setting sun on the canyon walls.

Re: Linecaster not that I needed an excuse but I had to go figure out what the front did late this afternoon last-minute - 08/16/16 03:39 AM

[img]http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums...40572.jpg[/img]8C0-B953-37CEC0471F0D.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Re: Linecaster not that I needed an excuse but I had to go figure out what the front did late this afternoon last-minute - 08/16/16 03:41 AM

Re: Linecaster not that I needed an excuse but I had to go figure out what the front did late this afternoon last-minute - 08/16/16 03:43 AM

There were very few hooks in the corner of the mouth. the fish were really on the feed engulfing the flies no matter what presentation they were on at the moment.
Posted By: BoPro

Re: Linecaster not that I needed an excuse but I had to go figure out what the front did late this afternoon last-minute - 08/16/16 12:13 PM

Awesome I took my 2wt spey rod out there this past weekend and just wore them out. They put quite a bend in a 11 ft noodle. smile
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Linecaster not that I needed an excuse but I had to go figure out what the front did late this afternoon last-minute - 08/16/16 01:33 PM

Great pictures Robert. That water is beautiful. I sure wish the Brazos looked like that down here. It's nothing but a mud hole here.

Re: Linecaster not that I needed an excuse but I had to go figure out what the front did late this afternoon last-minute - 08/16/16 03:51 PM

Thanks j moe yea far from mud up here and bopro I can only imagine that they just about touch the tip to the butt of the rod!
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Linecaster not that I needed an excuse but I had to go figure out what the front did late this afternoon last-minute - 08/16/16 08:33 PM

Robert thank you for making me envious, unfortunately I can only fish on Saturdays if all my charms line up. I still intend getting up there, tied up the next two weekends.just wish I could get out more often. Appreciate your reports Nd pictures.

Re: Linecaster not that I needed an excuse but I had to go figure out what the front did late this afternoon last-minute - 08/16/16 09:09 PM

No problem weekend crowd has not been to bad at that. How is it looking in Houston? I'm guessing a bit muddy right now. My brother is working in eagle pass and it's rained them out of working after driving down there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum