Texas Fishing Forum

Reel Recovery Texas

Posted By: texasflycaster

Reel Recovery Texas - 06/09/16 12:31 PM

I did a search here for any previous posts with "Reel Recovery" in the title, and it didn't give me any direct results, so ...
I had a call from a young fly guy yesterday who was telling me about a friend of his (about 23-years-old) who is about to do another intense battle with cancer. The caller was asking about my experience with Reel Recovery, and I pointed him toward the Texas Reel Recovery website - http://www.texasreelrecovery.org, and I dug in there this morning and found where they published a story (I had written) about my experience at one of their events - http://www.texasreelrecovery.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Texas-Reel-Recovery-Retreat-SDreport.pdf . Perhaps this will help someone out there, or let them know about this fine organization.
Posted By: Lloyd5

Re: Reel Recovery Texas - 06/09/16 02:55 PM

I read your article, excellent insight into the organization, it's goals, and methods. Well written, I enjoyed reading it.
Posted By: keebranch

Re: Reel Recovery Texas - 06/09/16 09:13 PM

Shannon,
well done!

I've been involved with reel recovery since 2009 when Warren Wolf brought it to Texas. This program has had a great and positive impact on many people's lives.

Les
Posted By: RexW

Re: Reel Recovery Texas - 06/12/16 02:03 AM

Well done Shannon. RR is a great program.
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Reel Recovery Texas - 06/13/16 12:39 AM

Shannon,
Thanks for your words of encouragement and for lifting up Reel Recovery.
I too have been with Reel Recovery as a volunteer since Warren started the Texas Chapter.
I have been blessed with meeting and making friends with some very brave men through my volunteer time at Reel Recovery.
Although I was not on your retreat I am proud to call you one of those brave friends that God has placed in my life.
I pray for your continued healing.
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Reel Recovery Texas - 06/15/16 02:51 AM

Thanks for all the kind words. I am somewhat disgusted with myself for not knowing more, and participating more with this organization - UNTIL I had cancer. I hope I can make up for it, and continue to give back in the ways I am most capable.
Posted By: keebranch

Re: Reel Recovery Texas - 06/15/16 04:57 PM

Ah Shannon, its no big deal. your words and encouragement for others going forward makes a big difference.

Les
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum